• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2011 (W) NO Mint-Mark Silver Eagle posted by Gino Tumminia

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Is This A New Issue Eagle, or a New Twist on an Existing coin?

I know that the US Mint issues silver bullion coins from most of the Mints throughout the year, not bearing any mintmark. This year, the collectors market has been infused with a few variations that includes the 25th Anniversary Label, which so far has not been officially issued by the Mint itself.

I saw this coin for sale on Ebay today. it was also presented on TV last weekend, along with the Presenter's West Point "Star" Label. I know that it is just another Bullion issue silver eagle, but is it going to be a recognized issue as was the (S)San Francisco version, or just another "Hype" version of a previous issue?

To clarify my question- Will this (W)No "W" Label issue get its own slot on NGC's MS Silver Eagles collections?

9537.jpg

See more journals by Gino Tumminia

Just another marketing ploy to squeeze a few bucks out of us ASE collectors. When I was heavily into comic books in the 90's, they did the same sort of thing with multiple different covers for the same comic book so you felt compelled to buy 4 or 5 or even 12 of the same comic to get all the exclusive covers.

I asked NGC the same question, their reply:

"Regarding your question about a slot for the 2011(W) Silver Eagles; you can add your 2011(W) coin(s) in the regular 2011 MS slot for now and if we create a 2011(W) slot in the MS sets in the future your coin will automatically be eligible for that slot and you can then add your coin to it."

Like I thought, this one appears to be a scam by those coin vault folks, building on the (S)Label. They invented the eagles with series case numbers, and "My Left Pocket Silver Eagle" Label.