• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's my best option now?

36 posts in this topic

The intent was registry as a "place holder". The only problem I can find is the "tick" next to the nose on obverse.

For a PR-63 that comes with the territory. I'd be more concerned about extensive hairlining and dull surfaces from excessive dipping AND the nature of 1950 Proof half dollars which can have more a satin finish.

The intent was registry as a "place holder". The only problem I can find is the "tick" next to the nose on obverse.

For a PR-63 that comes with the territory. I'd be more concerned about extensive hairlining and dull surfaces from excessive dipping AND the nature of 1950 Proof half dollars which can have more a satin finish.

Surfaces are nice and bright. No evidence of dipping or hairlines that I can tell.

Aside from the issues about the cameo, you can't ask for more from a 1950 Franklin half dollar that is graded PR-63.

I'm certainly not an expert on early proof Franklin Half Dollar sales, but I don't imagine that there are too many collectors looking for PR63 examples, especially when a PR64 or PR65 example can be hand for a little more. I think this would create issues with liquidating the coin, but that's just me.

Aside from the issues about the cameo, you can't ask for more from a 1950 Franklin half dollar that is graded PR-63.

I'm certainly not an expert on early proof Franklin Half Dollar sales, but I don't image that there are too many collectors looking for PR63 examples, especially when a PR64 or PR65 example can be hand for a little more. I think this would create issues with liquidating the coin, but that's just me.

If it really is a cameo on both sides, that is a different matter. A collector who can't afford to spring $2,000 to $4,000 might like it for $500. The trouble is this looks to be a one sided cameo which is not worth nearly as much.