• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bounty offer

5 posts in this topic

:grin:

Nice coin!

You are looking to buy this one?

http://images.goldbergauctions.com/cgi-bin/search1b.php?pcgs=9176&cprg=2

Sale 36

Lot 4112

1923-D $20 St. Gaudens. PCGS graded MS-65. Old green holder. Wonderful rainbow toning on the reverse that includes beautiful rose pink, while the obverse is orange-gold toning. Could run-a-way. An exceptional gem of the finest order for its desirable '65' grade and color. Broadly sweeping cartwheel luster glows brightly on medium orange surfaces; at first glance, Roman Finish Proofs come to mind when one gazes upon a fresh '23-D double eagle. Additionally, this date is easier than many to find fully struck. The centers pack full wallop into the design from a decidedly precision strike. Pop 1751; 1224 in 66; 56 in 67. (PCGS # 9176) .

Estimated Value $1,250 - 1,450

Realized

$3,795

I would love to own the piece as well. I hope that it comes up to auction in the next few years. I wonder if it could still be purchased for less than $5,000. The previous auction record seems relatively modest to me for such a unique coin.