• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did I do something wrong?

42 posts in this topic

The last guy who was under bidder in an auction against me saw it listed at my site and nit picked my price on a message board. He was a real tool, nothing but a two faced shill for his own agenda. What a sore loser. There was a benefit of his petty data mining in that it inspired me to get a buyer account.

First the dealer was probably hacked bc you bid him up (plus knew your would not be a buyer at his markup). I dont agree with him running you off, acting like an embarssed schoolchild who wet his pants. I would tell you my asking price even if it had a generous in the stratosphere markup. You can buy it from me and pay my asking price or go find one. Could care less what you think about it too. Hey you lost, I won - too bad so sad. While I dont reveal my cost to customers (none of their business and would be stupid tipping of a sellers hand in the event of counter offer / negotiation). In the few instances they might have known my buy price could care less what they think about my selling price.

I would have loved to tell see him tell you - "Its a really superb, beautiful toner and priced at $995." Believe me I would have given you the highest markup I could considering you bid it way up. Considering he paid $400 plus the TTR 15% juice, way way over bid of $158 he must have been crazy about toners or perhaps smelled an upgrade also. Perhaps he has some buyers lined up he thinks he can sell it to higher. Wow.

Another possibility was that he was the owner of the coin in the auction in the first place and nobody bid it up high enough to make his floor. Teletrade allows you to bid (secretly) on your own stuff.

Next time ask the guy his asking price without tipping your hand. I am curious about what it would have been priced at. I dont think you deserved to be rudely treated and I would have at least chatted with you about nice toners.

The last guy who was under bidder in an auction against me saw it listed at my site and nit picked my price on a message board. He was a real tool, nothing but a two faced shill for his own agenda. What a sore loser. There was a benefit of his petty data mining in that it inspired me to get a buyer account.

Actually, I remember that thread! I think you have some of the details wrong. The guy was never the underbidder because he did not buy such schlock. He was only exposing the dark underbelly of the coin business and some of the slime ball sellers.

Actually, I remember that thread! I think you have some of the details wrong. The guy was never the underbidder because he did not buy such schlock. He was only exposing the dark underbelly of the coin business and some of the slime ball sellers.

Take your propoganda and stuff it.

:D

So at the Philly show last week, I saw a beautiful rainbow toner, NGC certified, in a dealers case.

I was familiar with the coin, because I was the underbidder on the same coin about 2 weeks prior on Teletrade. (eventually sold for ~ $400).

The coin was as beautiful in person as it was in the images.

I mentioned to the dealer that I was the underbidder, and that I was interested in buying the coin. From that point forward he literally would not talk to me or answer my questions, or even give me a price for the coin.

Did I do something ethically, morally, or etiquettely (sic) wrong by mentioning I was the underbidder of the coin, and/or I knew how much he had into it?

Thanks.

the dealer acted like a tool okie irrationally

and you cant rationalize irrational behavior no matter how hard you try

i would move on it is the dealers loss on as in the scheme of things it is nothing

and if for some reason the coin is meant to be for you to have it; then you will find it to buy somewhere else in the most unexpected manner

if not

no big loss or big deal; move on and enjoy life and appreciate what you do have :cloud9:

RYK doesn't post propaganda. If you are going to dispute what he wrote, why not back it up with facts?

You would have been in the wrong only if you made a dumb offer based on what it sold for on Teletrade.

I received an offer on an item that was below my cost and far below market. The customer kept insisting that he knew I could sell it for that price. It turned out that he was the underbidder at an auction and offered me the hammer price before auction fees. doh!

This was on a car, not a coin, but the situation was similar.