• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Real MPC or props for MASH 4077?

12 posts in this topic

Question for any MPC experts out there.

Season 6 of mash has an episode(*) titled "Change Day" that depicts the Conversion day from one MPC series (blue) to the new MPC series (red). I haven't been able to determine if they used an accurate reprentation or even real notes or if they made some for the show.

From what I I know only series 521, 541, 591, 611, and 651 were issued in Korea.

Here are some screen shots from the episode. What think you?

mash4.jpgmash3.jpgmash2.jpgmash.jpg

Considering your expertise in this particular collecting are, and that of mpcusa, I am not certain anyone but the original prop man would know, if you 2 don't.

I did blow up your image, and the color and design doesn't strike me as a perfect match, but that could just be the image.

Respectfully,

John Curlis

MASH is a funny show.

That is the extent of my knowledge about your question.

So now you are starting to make posts with no information to add to your post count. It must be contageous. Now I'm doing it too. ;)

Agreed. I have no problem with that since half of my posts are lame attempts at jokes that no one gets. But it is nice to try to add useful content in at least some of your posts.

Years ago I used to participate in usenet groups. When everyone was on dialup with 28.8 Kbaud modems or worse you didn't need a lot of useless posts to have to download in order to get to informative content. You would still get a lot of people who would reply with nothing more than "right" or "me too". We used to call these "me too posters" and I still think of that term now because a good portion of the posts today are similar. Today we don't have to worry about bandwith so much and it's more aceptable.

This all reminds me of a joke one of my physics professors told. It's a little obscure and I doubt anyone would get it.

Ok, but be warned, it's short not overly funny and it's been 30 years since it was told to me so i will likely mess it up but the punch line is very appropriate.

The professor was speaking to a group of physics student about the general state of research. He commented that with the amount of research that was being conducted and being published that the shelves in the Library of Congress were filling up faster than the speed of light. Then he cleared our confused looks when he said that no laws of physics were being violated because no information was being conveyed.

Even though we were all physics students there were only 2-3 of us that fully got the joke. I would not have gotten it except that I was currently taking a class in wave propagation and had recently covered phase velocity. (there's your hint, if you need it)

Most likely those are prop notes with a simplified design so that it would be obvious on a TV that they were red and blue and looked to be about right for MPCs. A quick search turned up notes that were more colorful, but had a prevailing color on them. After all, these needed to have some degree of counterfeit deterrent given where they were used.