• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

As Felix Schlag designed it

8 posts in this topic

The Jefferson Full Step Nickel Club recently released the Award Winning Design, a reproduction of the Jefferson nickel as Felix Schlag first designed it, which won the competition with the U.S. Mint for the new nickel.

Attached is a pic of the obverse proof. I'll post attachments of the reverse proof next, then the obverse and reverse uncirculated versions. These coins have apporximately the same relief as the Jefferson nickel did through 1969 and are struck in silver. SEGS is the JFSNC's official grading service and did the encapsulation.

My personal favorite is the unc. version.

Enjoy, Hoot

589a8aa98b406_82487-FelixSchlagsoriginaldesignpfobv.jpg.e501880a17de4ce4ae44512fb7eed05b.jpg

Jeff - Sorry it took me so long to reply. Been in Christmas mode!

You can order the coins through the full step nickel club: $38 for "matte unc." and $42 for proof. It is called the 1938 Jefferson nickel award winning design.

FSNC, P.O. Box 10909, Burbank, CA 91510-0909

(818) 841-2959

FSNC5555@aol.com

Admittedly, they are on the expensive side, but a special striking of this sort is pretty neat. Limited to 1,938 coins in each striking format. You can request matched number pairs in the series.

Membership in the club is $20 ($12 under 18) plus a one-time $7 admin fee. The primary pub (a small volume usually 30 pp.) is bimonthly.

Hoot