• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Time Capsule Collection, a great read.

8 posts in this topic

Those coins were amazing! The prices realized were what the coins really are worth. A collector bougrth the 1895 set. Whew, saved from the greedy strip and dip whores!

I went in to play hard, and I got shut out on the sets (I was able to buy singles). The one item I wanted badly out of the entire collection-the 1913 5C-I bought. It was the BEST one I had ever seen.

There also was a set of wild PR Indian Cents that were purchased from the Chapman Brothers in 1904.

It was nice that a smaller auction firm got to handle the coins. There was some romance. They did a great job. I am so tired of these big firms which are nothing more then profit at any cost machines out to make all coins just widgets.

An awesome story. Would've been nice to see each individual coin in-hand! :cloud9: What's bad, is after I read the story and thinking how nice those coins were, my next thought was thinking how those coins were valued and cherished by the original collector, the next generation, and then in 2011, with the "ME" generation, they were sold and the next generation not thought of. ???

I'm not sure there was a next generation with these, as the woman who sold them was 100 and I don't get the sense she had any heirs but I could be wrong...