• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: Any 1906 coin, preferably silver dollar, from SF mint...

16 posts in this topic

I'm a comic book guy who has zero knowledge of coins. But, I have great interest in the story of the San Francisco mint just after the 1906 earthquake and fire. I'm interested in obtaining a coin minted there that year. My preference would be a silver dollar, but I honestly don't know what was minted there and how available they are.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

There were no silver dollars produced from 1905 until 1921 when both Morgans and Peace dollars were minted. 1906 s coins would include the Barber half dollar 1.7 million,and the Barber dime 3.1 million minted. Not a lot to choose from but, hey, that makes it a lot cheaper :) Good Luck

Thanks for the response. I'd like to find a Barber half dollar then. Condition doesn't really matter, but again, it has to be from the SF mint. :wishluck:

Thanks for the response. I'd like to find a Barber half dollar then. Condition doesn't really matter, but again, it has to be from the SF mint. :wishluck:

Or, if a Morgan or Peace dollar was minted in SF in 1906, I'd be interested in one of those.

As rons pointed out my friend "NO" morgan or peace dollars were minted during that time frame. Morgans were minted from 1878-1904 and then in 1921 again. Peace Dollars were minted from 1921-1928 and then 1934 & 1935 again.

Does anyone know if a 1906 Barber half dollar from SF will be difficult to locate? The mint was in full operation that year until the earthquake hit on April 18th, but I doubt it minted another coin that year.