• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Colorful Coins

159 posts in this topic

More cow bell.....The 1914-S graded MS-64+ and the only one for this date graded with a +.

The 1919 is at least one point under graded at MS-64. At least I feel it's at least 1 full point under graded...Joe

002.jpg

003-2.jpg

010-3.jpg

009-2.jpg

More cow bell.....The 1914-S graded MS-64+ and the only one for this date graded with a +.

The 1919 is at least one point under graded at MS-64. At least I feel it's at least 1 full point under graded...Joe

002.jpg

003-2.jpg

010-3.jpg

009-2.jpg

Do you think the coin was "dinged" for strike on the obverse?

Do you think the coin was "dinged" for strike on the obverse?

I'm not sure which coin your asking about?

The 1914-S; I'm sorry for the ambiguity.

I purchased this coin from Andy @ "Angel Dee's" ....He showed me an invoice for this coin when he purchased it and it was graded 65. Andy cracked it out and resubmitted it thinking it would go higher but it came back 64+. That's when I picked it up.

As for the weakness on the obverse you may be right as the knot is weak and could very well be what's holding it back. The luster, color and overall eye appeal is what I like about this one....Joe

Nice Lincoln! Can't see why it isn't 66. Photos really can't show luster all that well so maybe that is the "problem".

If I showed you a later dated Lincoln I have that is in a 66 holder you'd probably go nuts. My coin has a huge bash on the forehead and somehow got graded 66.

Edit: In fact...here it is:

1c-45d_small.jpg

hm

jom

Hi- I hope I'm being overly repetitive having posted these scans in another thread but I am interested in how the toning crowd may evalaute these Morgans. Thanks.

1886 O

86o.jpg

1886 O Rev

86rev.jpg

1895 O

95o.jpg

1895 O Rev

95rev.jpg

1896 O

96O.jpg

1896 O Rev

96rev.jpg

1897 O

97o.jpg

1897 O Rev

97rev.jpg

1903 O

03o.jpg

1903 O Rev

03rev.jpg

I used to have a nice Lincoln Cent Collection. Here are a few examples of them:

1913pcmcomp.jpg

1915mplobvC.jpg

1917DlincolnobvB.jpg

Wow leeg, those are really nice! Great eye appeal on these. I love to look at these beautiful Lincolns but copper and I don't get along very well. I suck at grading copper and just can't seem to get the hang of it....Joe

Wow leeg, those are really nice! Great eye appeal on these. I love to look at these beautiful Lincolns but copper and I don't get along very well. I suck at grading copper and just can't seem to get the hang of it....Joe

Appreciate it. :)

Tough to compare these Lincolns to your beautiful Buff's though.

1934Dfcobv1A.jpg

Hi- I hope I'm being overly repetitive having posted these scans in another thread but I am interested in how the toning crowd may evaluate these Morgans. Thanks.

1886 O

86o.jpg

1886 O Rev

86rev.jpg

1895 O

95o.jpg

1895 O Rev

95rev.jpg

1896 O

96O.jpg

1896 O Rev

96rev.jpg

1897 O

97o.jpg

1897 O Rev

97rev.jpg

1903 O

03o.jpg

1903 O Rev

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i447/jsilver2th/morgans/03rev.jpg[/imgdifficult]

It's very diffacult to evaluate these Morgans from a scan....Joe