• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Wayte Raymond experiment.....

9 posts in this topic

I have purchased MANY mint rolls of the "Westward Joutney" Nickels and busted a couple of the 2005 D Bison nickel rolls open looking for the "speard Bison" So what to do with all of these loose Nickel ? I have a few old Wayte Ramond coin album folders so I put a page or two full of these Bison Nickels in there just to see if it had enough poop to tone anymore, and forgot about em. So now here we are in 2011 and just take a look at this one. I was amazed at what a short time it took for this to happen. My thoughts? I put it back in there and I'll take another look in five or six years, if I'm still around. I think it's purdy.....Joe

093-3.jpg

Most anything would improve the modern buffs, so I agree it is better looking with a little toning. Looking forward to 5 or 6 years down the road.

Jim

The old blue whitman folders (© 1961, No. 9039) is the best album I've seen toned nickels come out of personally. I bought a few complete sets of unc jeffersons in these albums and boy do they make monsters!

The old blue whitman folders (© 1961, No. 9039) is the best album I've seen toned nickels come out of personally. I bought a few complete sets of unc jeffersons in these albums and boy do they make monsters!

You wouldn't happen to have photo of one of these would you? The FOLDER not the coins. :)

jom

You wouldn't happen to have photo of one of these would you? The FOLDER not the coins. :)

jom

Yep.....I've just recenly did the same thing with these 1960 Jefferson nickels. I have many rolls of these too.

115.jpg

113-1.jpg

116.jpg

jom

Please excuse these terrible pics as they are horrible :(. The pic of the nickel is the best I can do with the camera on my phone. There is a perfect rainbow band that goes all around the rim. You can make out the rainbow band to the right.

072911211542.jpg

072911195557.jpg

Cooool....

Unfortuneately, I just sold a few of those blue ones off. Whoops. doh!

The brown one BuffaloHead showed I've got, in a number of denominations. NONE of them have toned anything...and I've had stuff in them for years since I bought them from Julian about 10/11 years ago. Oh well... (shrug)

I've had much better luck with my Half Dollar Dansco:

50c-82p_small.jpg

jom

Cooool....

Unfortuneately, I just sold a few of those blue ones off. Whoops. doh!

The brown one BuffaloHead showed I've got, in a number of denominations. NONE of them have toned anything...and I've had stuff in them for years since I bought them from Julian about 10/11 years ago. Oh well... (shrug)

I've had much better luck with my Half Dollar Dansco:

50c-82p_small.jpg

jom

The wayte raymond boards are proven toner albums but it takes a very long time usually! Anyone that sees coins toning in them with just a couple of years is very lucky. Those albums are very expensive as well. The whitman folders can be purchased used in mint condition or new old stock for super cheap!