• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trying a Different Tack to Spark a Little Interest

4 posts in this topic

Or, how to add some pizazz to a somewhat pedestrian registry set.

Hi All,

Hope you all enjoyed the first full weekend of Summer.

I have been working on my 21st Century Set recently to add photos and descriptions for each coin in the set. In the vast majority of cases, the coin pictured is not the actual coin owned but is a close approximation in terms of date, mintmark, and grade. I have also used the Obverse photo to illustrate some other historical aspect of the coin. For instance my Lincoln Shield Cent is accompanied by a picture of a Civil War Token that shows a similar shield.

Please check the 21st Century Set out if you have a moment. Just click the appropriate banner below and you'll see what I have done. Your opinions are welcomed both good and bad. The concept I am using lends itself best to type sets. I will be tackling the 20th Century Type Set next.

Thanks for your time and Happy Collecting.

See more journals by Beaw

Nice set, I like the relevant photographs along with the coins. The only thing that you might improve is to create a picture collage of both sides of the coin. For instance the agricultural design on the Sacagawea is my favorite of the yearly reverse designs, it would be nice to view it with the obverse and the photograph you have chosen to represent the coin.

Gary

Thanks Gary,

I have followed your suggestion and changed the picture of that particular coin to show both obverse and reverse. Will also do so as appropriate elsewhere. Appreciate the support.

Take Care,

Malcolm