• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is 'Internet Imaging' full slab?

12 posts in this topic

"Internet imaging" merely sounds like imaging on the internet. And I don't see why "full slab" would necessarily have to be part of that.

I'm referring to the optional service when submitting. The $3/coin option.
From their website:

"Image consists of an accurate internet-resolution “JPG” image of the NGC coin holder’s obverse and reverse."

72dpi. Note that is says "coin holder's obverse and reverse." Presumably the coin image is not included...? :)

I'm referring to the optional service when submitting. The $3/coin option.
From their website:

"Image consists of an accurate internet-resolution “JPG” image of the NGC coin holder’s obverse and reverse."

Must have missed the 'holder' part. Thanks :) Does anyone have an example of what can be expected?

I've actually got a pretty good setup but it's a little limited. The way it's set up right now I can't get a full slab in frame no matter what. I don't usually need full slabs but I'm going to make a submission of coins I want to sell so I'll be needing full slabs.

Example of what my setup can produce. I just can't get far enough away from my photo base to fit a full slab in the frame :(:

S00111.jpg

72dpi. Note that is says "coin holder's obverse and reverse." Presumably the coin image is not included...? :)

Correct. PCGS offers True View where you can get a picture of the coin without the distraction of the holder.

Not to be outdone, NGC offers Internet Imaging where you can get a picture of the holder without the distraction of the coin.

This option was created to encourage certain registry set owners to include images in their sets.

This option was created to encourage certain registry set owners to include images in their sets.

Because there it is the number on the label which is important and that CAN be clearly seen in their pictures.