• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

show off?

39 posts in this topic

Here's my NGC Barber Half Dollar Registry collection

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/SetListing.aspx?PeopleSetID=3413

I really enjoyed that, thanks. Lots of wonderful coins there! 1898 S whew!

OP

I agree! (Please forgive my ignorance,) but what does the "Friend" on the insert mean?

It refers to the pedigree of the coin. In this case, the Dale Friend collection.

Need to update bit with new coins and a couple of pics and descriptions. But I agree with the OP that if you are going to register a set, you should at least put in descriptions.

Links below. Both a collage of the sets and to the registry itself.

The one thing I dont like about the NGC registry is that they limit the image size you can upload. PCGS lets you upload images as big as you want. So its much easier.

The one thing I dont like about the NGC registry is that they limit the image size you can upload. PCGS lets you upload images as big as you want. So its much easier.

They recently upped the size from 120kb to 200kb. I really would like more, but 200kb has not hampered my picture presentation.

They recently upped the size from 120kb to 200kb. I really would like more, but 200kb has not hampered my picture presentation.

I don't enter a coin in my sets until I have it imaged. I do have a few still with no description though. I'm behind on my imaging and therefore on updating my sets.

When I started my sets the limit was 100kb so most of my images are below that limit. I knew they upped it to 120kb but I wasn't aware that they went to 200kb. I may still have my original higher resolution images but I'm not sure I will take the time to create new copies at 200kb now.

I've spent some time today browsing the registry and am shocked at the lack of pictures and descriptions, especially in some of the top ranking, award-winning sets. I was all geared up to be blown away and then... 0 pics / 0 descriptions. Heh.

So... link me to some of your best sets, that are photographed! Custom or competing, doesn't matter to me, I just wanna see some coins!

Eisenhower Error/Variety Showcase

Wow. I knew that I was behind but didn't realize how far. I just did a quick review of my sets (after I fixed the link in my sig line) and found quite a few coins that I thought had been entered were not there. I guess I need to make some time for imaging soon.

I've spent some time today browsing the registry and am shocked at the lack of pictures and descriptions, especially in some of the top ranking, award-winning sets. I was all geared up to be blown away and then... 0 pics / 0 descriptions. Heh.

So... link me to some of your best sets, that are photographed! Custom or competing, doesn't matter to me, I just wanna see some coins!

Eisenhower Error/Variety Showcase

Nice set