• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1926 rainbow toned gold $2.50 sesquicentennial commemorative quarter eagle

10 posts in this topic

I hope so Sam. Time for me to concentrate on completing my Morgan and proof IHC sets. I have a LOOOOOOOONG way to go on both sets. I think I should do fairly well on this toned beauty

Question: What, in your opinion, makes this coin a 62? Usually, it is hairlines or some sort. Any other detriments you can see?

Thanks!

jom

I'd say there's a little rub on the high points. No hairlines to speak of and any ticks are pretty much concealed by the toning. I'd honestly say that this coin is undergraded, but then again, most sellers say that about their coins. I definitely feel it could upgrade a point and would have a good shot at a star since there aren't many examples of gold with color. To the new owner of this coin, I would suggest keeping it and enjoying it as is, in it's old fattie holder.

I'd say there's a little rub on the high points. No hairlines to speak of and any ticks are pretty much concealed by the toning. I'd honestly say that this coin is undergraded, but then again, most sellers say that about their coins. I definitely feel it could upgrade a point and would have a good shot at a star since there aren't many examples of gold with color. To the new owner of this coin, I would suggest keeping it and enjoying it as is, in it's old fattie holder.

Yeah, I think I've learned my lesson when it comes to cracking out older holders. :tonofbricks:

jom