• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy Memorial Day posted by hunter's gold

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Know thy history and honor those who defend it

hi everyone. Just a brief moment to honor those who have made the ultimate sacrifice to this great nation. I am honored to have served my country for over 22 years. Between my second oldest brother, my youngest brother and myself we have over 74 years of service to the US Army. My father was a Navy pilot during the Koren War and my family has served this country from the rank of private to Major General from the Revolutionary War until present day. This coin is from the Army Operation Center at the Pentagon. It is encased with a flag that was flown over the Pentagon on 9/11/02 to commemorate those who died the day of the attack. My younger brother was there that day and witnessed the attack and assisted in the rescue and recovery operations. Inside the flag are pieces of the Pentagon from where the plane impacted. The price of freedom is not free at all, but is paid in full with the ultimate sacrifice. Enjoy your weekend and Happy Collecting

See more journals by hunter's gold