• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WEEK 475 YOU ASKED FOR IT, YOU GOT IT!!!

15 posts in this topic

• Administrator

We read what you write....

This weeks First and Second place winners will be picked at random… The question must be answered by Saturday at midnight EST.QUESTION:

What do the Birch Cent, the Pine Tree Shilling and the Canadian Maple Leaf have in common?

Our first place winner will receive a copy of 100 Greatest US Modern Coins by Scott Schechter and Jeff Garrett.

There will also be a runner up prize given to a randomly selected player with the correct answer.

REMINDER: The Numisma-Quest ends on Saturday at midnight EST. Entries after that time will not be valid. See the Trivia info post for more details.

They all have leaves on them.

They all have a depiction of plant matter on them.

They are all coined in north america.

They were all made after 1600.

They all contain a variety which had some silver in them.

They have never been in my kitchen.

Thanks, NGC! I hope the rule change will encourage others to play more often.

Answer: They are all metal disks having a monetary value whose names were derived from trees that can be found on the North American continent.

I'll try to be more serious in the future, but I couldn't resist the temptation for now.

Chris

The Birch Cent, the Pine Tree Shilling and the Canadian Maple Leaf are all named after trees :)

They were all groundbreakers for the world of money and numismatics???

The Pine Tree Shilling was the first coin minted in New England (the States).

The Birch Cent was the first with dies prepared in The United States of America, also in 1792, it was the first years of US coinage.

The Canadian Maple Leaf bullion is the first bullion issue in the world to up the ante in purity. The Krugerrand was the only bullion coin in the world at the time, but with the boycott of South Africa there were none available. Canada filled the void with a new bullion coin. The purity was then, in 1982, refined to .9999 fine and is the finest purity gold bullion coin in production (24K)!!

Did I get it right? They're all firsts!

• Administrator

QUESTION:

What do the Birch Cent, the Pine Tree Shilling and the Canadian Maple Leaf have in common?

ANSWER:

Their names all include types of trees

Our first place winner Rons has won a copy of 100 Greatest US Modern Coins by Scott Schechter and Jeff Garrett

Our runner up, Ducksoup has won a single coin display box.

Thank you for playing and please stop by this Friday for the PMG Numisma-Quest question!