• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any current or former TPG graders out there...

32 posts in this topic

This isn't quite a "coin" story, either, but......

The guys who handled the slab-sealing knew that I did most of the quality control, in which I checked the encapsulated coins before they were shipped out.

I examined the coins themselves, as well as the holders and information on the grading labels, etc.

One day, I was going through a box of coins, and in one of the holders, nicely sealed, I might add, was a large roach. No coin, just a roach, that the guys had acquired and slabbed, to play a joke on me. I thought it was pretty darned funny.

Was it a Deep Cameo Full Roach or just an ordinary one?

jom

This isn't quite a "coin" story, either, but......

The guys who handled the slab-sealing knew that I did most of the quality control, in which I checked the encapsulated coins before they were shipped out.

I examined the coins themselves, as well as the holders and information on the grading labels, etc.

One day, I was going through a box of coins, and in one of the holders, nicely sealed, I might add, was a large roach. No coin, just a roach, that the guys had acquired and slabbed, to play a joke on me. I thought it was pretty darned funny.

Was it a Deep Cameo Full Roach or just an ordinary one?

jom

It was probably Full Wings and RB!

Chris