• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I goofed, I'm sorry

9 posts in this topic

Last week I posted a topic in regards to an 1882-o/s VAM 4 EDS morgan dollar. I had a hard time getting my camera to focus in on the mintmark, and in an effort to save face, I used the pic I found when I was checking for confirmation of the error instead. They looked exactly the same, so I didn't think it would be an issue. That's where i goofed and should've known better. I honestly didn't expect it to have the effect it did, and I'm sorry if anyone felt deceived. I wasn't trying to sell the coin or anything, just using it for a visual aid for conversation. I''ll use my own pics from now on, and I can say that Honestly I've learned my lesson.

On the other hand, there was a question about the financial unlikelihood that I could own such an expensive coin. Just take a gander at my registry sets. I'm a serious COLLECTOR, not a dealer. Anything I do sell, is to go towards a better coin. I'm still learning, and will probably make a few more mistakes along the way. I just ask that since I have apologized, we could try move on.

You just happened to pick the particular variety of this coin which happened to be the center of a very controversial subject for certain members on VAMWorld last year.

Chris

No Chris, he just "happened' to post a picture that wasn't a picture of his coin. All the while claiming that he was presenting a picture of the coin in his possesion.

Absolutely no excuse in attempting to mislead this forum.

Learn and move on.

$ilverHawk

No Chris, he just "happened' to post a picture that wasn't a picture of his coin. All the while claiming that he was presenting a picture of the coin in his possesion.

Absolutely no excuse in attempting to mislead this forum.

Learn and move on.

$ilverHawk

lol are you joking?? sounds like the most simple mistake ever. you can easily copy and paste the wrong link to a picture. ESPECIALLY pics of coins because they all look similar.

i cant believe you would even fathom misleading by him, he JUST SENT ME THE COIN FOR FREE for goodness sake's lol

his actions speak louder than your words...

:ohnoez:

I honestly think certain individuals are taking this way too far. I get ridiculed for taking bad pics and told to stop, and now certain ppl are mad that I can't take a pic that small. "Darned if I do, and darned if I don't." Also, since I am notorious for bad photos, what makes you think I would even fathom trying to post a professional one?

I'm going to continue posting pics. For those that want to be immature and boycott, go ahead. At least I admitted my goof. I spend just as much at NGC, if not more than at least half of the forum. I have made constructive replies to other member's pics.

You know what the best thing about this whole thing is? Regardless of the child-like comments, and belittling of my grading skills, I say once again that I CAN AFFORD TO MAKE THOSE MISTAKES. And in the end, no matter HOW DUMB some ignoramus may think I am, people will still pay TOP DOLLAR for my key date slabbed coins by NGC and PCGS.

In summation, say what you want, do what you want. I have apologized for WHAT REALLY HAPPENED. If you can't accept that, kudos for your ignorant stubbornness. I bet that gets you far in life. This is the last negative post I'll reply to. Negativity is such a downer.

Thanks for the support Kamillion, but I fear you just put yourself voluntarily in the stocks next to mine, and no doubt a shameful "N" for "Newbie" stitched to your lapel.

Stop beating a dead horse :baiting:

Mistakes happen, even if it was intentional, it wasnt denied that it was someone elses picture. As long as the lesson was learned, I feel everyone should move forward and let it be in the past where it belongs.

-Chris#2

Oh wow, my bad. :/ I never thouhgt about the sincerity of some one that would send you a coin for free in an effort to save face. Exactly what could I be thinking. :makepoint:

OK, let"s move on.

$ilverHawk