• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1953-S Roosevelt.

8 posts in this topic

I bought this one several years ago. It's in a PCGS MS66FB slab. The images are by Shane Canup and I think he did an excellent job.

sc53sRS.jpg

sc53sRSrev.jpg

Very nice colors Sy. Quick question please, what are all the lines on the Rev going around the lettering and some in the fields? Me, not knowing alot about polish lines and such would look at this as having been cleaned. (shrug)

Very nice colors Sy. Quick question please, what are all the lines on the Rev going around the lettering and some in the fields? Me, not knowing alot about polish lines and such would look at this as having been cleaned. (shrug)

It's in the SDB so I can't look at it in hand, but from what I can remember it was die polish lines.

Absolutely fantastic obverse. This is one case where I don't mind the thumbprint on the coin.

However, you really should have NCS take care of that spot on the reverse. That thing looks like its eating a hole in your coin.

It's in the SDB so I can't look at it in hand, but from what I can remember it was die polish lines.

I didn't figure you'd have something cleaned in your awesome collection Sy.

Does not appear to have been cleaned. It does have some polishing lines on it, the most noticeable being those at1:00 from the torch through OF. There are others scattered around the coin as well. It almost looks like there may be a die crack through the top of TES. The other circular lines that can be seen running through various parts of the legend look like they could be lathe lines.