• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver up .60 already. $43.19/oz

35 posts in this topic

this is tip of the iceberg. no bubble whatsoever, has nothing to do with a bubble. bubbles have no fundamental backing. silver's ratio to gold has a long way to go. cash becoming worthless. silver can easily see 100.

i would hold some of both as long as possible. they arent going down any time soon. summer is seasonally weak, after summer we will be very strong imo.

Funny thing is, that's exactly what everyone thinks during every bubble. Did anyone think real estate would ever go down? Did anyone think the tulip market would ever crash? Bubbles are a part of capitalism, and they've been going on for hundreds of years. Believe me, when I see an exponential trend on a chart like that silver chart OP posted, I see a classic bubble.

no. bc they were scams. real estate was over its head. people had homes they should have had. the internet bubble was not fundamentally sound. this silver run is just good old bull stampede. silver has seemed OP since the 20s. it may dip, but long run i dont think it will ever see under $25.i think $100 or little less before $25.

Silver is not in a bubble, nor is gold. It's investors fleeing to safety with the threat of inflation on the horizon, among other things. When the government eases out of QE2 (quantitative easing) inflation will kick in. Plus 2012 is an election year, and historically the stock market doesn't do well.

Silver, and gold will correct when the $DXY bounces. But the long term trend for metals is very bullish. Certainly silver can pull back to $30-35 sometime this year. But bargain hunters will step in around that price, and silver will start it's trend upwards once again.

You can't compare metals to the housing bubble, or the internet bubble of the late 90's. Completely different animals.

Would I buy up here? No. I've been rolling futures contracts since march '10. I still have 1/2 positions on both silver and gold. And since I'm playing with house money, I'll let this other half ride while I keep moving my stops up to lock in profits. I LOVE AMERICA! :-)

i agree 100% with what you said.

I've been in and out of silver 3x in the last 6 months, all at a nice profit.

I most recently sold AGQ at 225, and then it shot up to 300+.

I decided I could not stand by anymore, and bought some more AGQ at 310 yesterday, and now it is at 330.

Unbelievable.

Silver at $100, I hope to see that day!

I remember buying 1 oz silver for $7.00 in the late 80's. I used to bang those coins around an keep them in my pocket.

Now I look at a sweet new 1oz Eagle with reverence and leave it in the plastic sleave!

(thumbs u