• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help advice

12 posts in this topic

I have 39 Morgans~date range 1883-1923. All are in protective plastic cases, no "grade certification".

It pains me that I need to sell all/some.

A much needed car repair is in order to continue my commute to work.

I need help~I pray I have found the right place to, 1~get answers ~ 2~find someone who will appreciate owning pieces of our past as much as I have ~ 3~not be taken advantage of

Please, if anyone can help me~I would be truly grateful!

Kat

I have 39 Morgans~date range 1883-1923. All are in protective plastic cases, no "grade certification".

It pains me that I need to sell all/some.

A much needed car repair is in order to continue my commute to work.

I need help~I pray I have found the right place to, 1~get answers ~ 2~find someone who will appreciate owning pieces of our past as much as I have ~ 3~not be taken advantage of

Please, if anyone can help me~I would be truly grateful!

Kat

Silver Dollars=$31.35 each in melt values =$1,222.65

I will offer more if they are worth it.

Rick = sixmilerick@att.net

welcome to the boards

let me assume that they are all xf then current selling price (they could be au unc even a better date or even a better cc mint ) then they could be worth multiple of thousands) okie back to xf lets assume they are aLL xf COMMON DATES for a deALER to buy them AND GIVE YOU WHOLESALE who has customers is

34 usd times 39 which is

$1326

my opinion is you need to put the car repairs on a charge card as by the time you are billed and the bill is due you got a 45 day float

then you need to go soon really soon tomorrow? to a dealer for an offer/or for a quick listing of the date and to be shown where the mintmark is located so you got a BETTER IDEA OF VALUE and also dealer grade

and then to call a local coin club and get a member to evaulate them for you telling you grade and waht mintmark eACH COIN IS and then their worth you will noty sell to them just want this information

then when you know waht you have and are more certian of worth then you are in a better position to sell for full value relying on yourself AND THEN GOING TO A DELAER TO GET AN OFFER AND IF THE OFFER IS CLOSE

you sell

i think you can do this soon so that when the charge card bill is due you got the monry

no use in relying on someone else where after 45 years of doing this you sell something for way less than its worth

and if you got some unc cc or 1894-s silver dollars or special vams then you can get rid of your car and buy a new one with your silver dollars

of course the chance is greater you got common but you never know unless you find out

good luck

post on the coin boards with phoso and where to look for the mintmarks at least and you get a much better idea

of where to go from there

good luck

Welcome to the forum.

In order for us to be able to help you, we need to know the dates of the coins (including whether they have mint marks on the back), as well as their condition. We might get a good idea about those particulars if you can post a few images and a list of the dates. Without that information, any guesses that we provide might do you a disservice.

Beg or borrow a good digital camera, take decent photos of each side and list them individually on eBay.

Silver is red hot right now and you will probably sell every one of them.

Limit sales to US bidders if you hate customs forms.

Beg or borrow a good digital camera, take decent photos of each side and list them individually on eBay.

If they are common date examples of low quality, it would be a waste of time and fees to list them on Ebay.

If they are common date examples of low quality, it would be a waste of time and fees to list them on Ebay.

They could be sold as a lot. I have a lot of two dateless silver dollars that are currently at $57 dollars. I started them at .01 so there weren't any listing fees although there will be some selling fees. Just a thought...