• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the grade on this common 1880-s Morgan

20 posts in this topic

Filthy. You continue to amaze me. Another great coin. Those early year 'S" mints are some of the best Morgans ever produced. Detail in the hair a bit weak in the photo but am guessing it's there. MS67 (worship)

Chet

MS 67 + or MS 67 PL – your photos are fantastic !!!

Thank you my friend!!!! It's amazing what a difference the new camera & lens have made :)

What lighting are you using ?? The pictures are spot on accurate.

As nice as the high end point and shoot camera can be, nothing compares to a DSLR with a great macro lens, especially when it is in the hands of someone who knows how to get the most out of it .

MS 67 + or MS 67 PL – your photos are fantastic !!!

Thank you my friend!!!! It's amazing what a difference the new camera & lens have made :)

What lighting are you using ?? The pictures are spot on accurate.

As nice as the high end point and shoot camera can be, nothing compares to a DSLR with a great macro lens, especially when it is in the hands of someone who knows how to get the most out of it .

I'm using the OTT lights I asked you about a while back. I picked up 2 of the telescopic ones and one on the swivel base. Sometimes I use just the two, other times I'll use all three. Depends on the coin

If this coin were graded 5 years ago, I think it could very easily have received a MS68. I'm not at all disappointed with NGC calling this a MS67+

As Coinman put it, a few (minor) ticks away from a 68 and I'd have to agree. For that matter CAC agrees as well :)

011-1.jpg

Thanks to all for your guesses, opinions & kind words pertaining to this coin. I am especially appreciative of the positive comments regarding the photos. I am always critcal of my photos but with the right camera, lenses & equipment, I can honestly say that I'm pretty happy with how my recent images have been coming out. I owe much of it to all of you fine folks in here for giving me advice as to what lenses & lights I should pick up as well as to the awesome photos that many of you post. I simply want to post pics as great as yours.

Oh, and a BIG thanks to Mr. Mark Goodman for his helpful Numismatic Photography book (thumbs u

Thanks to all for your guesses, opinions & kind words pertaining to this coin. I am especially appreciative of the positive comments regarding the photos. I am always critcal of my photos but with the right camera, lenses & equipment, I can honestly say that I'm pretty happy with how my recent images have been coming out. I owe much of it to all of you fine folks in here for giving me advice as to what lenses & lights I should pick up as well as to the awesome photos that many of you post. I simply want to post pics as great as yours.

Oh, and a BIG thanks to Mr. Mark Goodman for his helpful Numismatic Photography book (thumbs u

I'm not sure why you are so critical of your photography skills. Only your most recent images stick out in my mind, but I cannot recall an unprofessional image from you.