• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1790 Germany (Brandenburg-Ansbach) 1K NGC MS67

10 posts in this topic

Freshly back from NGC:

1790s1k.jpg

This is a 1790-S Germany (Brandenburg-Ansbach) 1K which NGC graded MS67. It's about the same size as a US dime. For a coin that is over 200 years old, it has a remarkable state of preservation. The surfaces are practically flawless and have remarkable semi-prooflike luster. It appears well struck from slightly crudely-made dies. Unlisted in Krause above XF, this one is probably one of the finest known.

Really super coin, Greg. The coin looks far better than your picture.

And I'm happy to report the bruise I received when you tripped me to get to this coin first has almost healed. 893frustrated.gif

-JamminJ

JJ,

I hope that bruise is fully healed before the next time you and Greg head out to look for coins together. If not I fear you will be playing injured and will be at a disadvantage. grin.gif

Remember, all is fair in war AND beating your friends to the best coins! devil.gif

John

I just wish one of you would remember to take the video camera so we could see the battle 27_laughing.gif

Killer coin Greg 893applaud-thumb.gif

Next battle scheduled for the Long Beach coin show in early June, come on out and see us. Califonia is lovely that time of year. Actually, California is lovely any time of year.

-JamminJ

I hope that bruise is fully healed before the next time you and Greg head out to look for coins together. If not I fear you will be playing injured and will be at a disadvantage. grin.gif

Remember, all is fair in war AND beating your friends to the best coins! devil.gif

Greg's tough. Hopefully he'll waste some time looking for US coins early on in the next show allowing me to scoop up some goodies.

-JamminJ

Greg's tough. Hopefully he'll waste some time looking for US coins early on in the next show allowing me to scoop up some goodies.

-JamminJ

Hey, whoever gets to the coins first. BTW, you do realize that my dealer badge lets me into the show long before you commoners are allowed in. 27_laughing.gifdevil.gifhi.gif

Hey, whoever gets to the coins first. BTW, you do realize that my dealer badge lets me into the show long before you commoners are allowed in. 27_laughing.gifdevil.gifhi.gif

I was actully kind of worried about that. Oh, well, I may just have to order the Teutonic 2 Thaler off of Karl Stephens' latest price list to console myself.

-JamminJ

Sue for the coin JJ. That bruise must be bad.

The blue in the fields of the coin, Greg, make it look like the devices are backlit!

Hoot