• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MS64 FBL and MS65 FBL Franklins on tv right now

11 posts in this topic

ON the Mall channel though dish network, Rick Tomaska is selling slabed MS 64fbl and MS 65 Fbl Franklin Half Dollars for as low as $99 each

Art and Coin TV 1-800-929-5528

Tomaska knows his stuff when it comes to cameo and proof coinage. Unfortunately, he ridiculously overcharges for his coins. Those 64FBL's he's selling for $99 each can often be found for a third of the price. Every single coin on his website is worth about half of what he's asking, often quite less. If you buy from Tomaska, don't ever expect to get any of your money back.

Chris, be careful how you share these Coin shows.. I had it out ATS before I was locked out on their forums because a few IHC or Wheat penny collectors mocked me because I mentioned these type shows.. Funny thing Chris is that I sold many high dollars coins/paper money in consignment to Jimmy Gerstel on the once show Celeb/Shopping and also Jon and Grady Binns on the once Coin Country before they became Coin Vault with Robert Chambers getting a new job once Shop@Home went off the air..

Also, Chris.. Or anyone else that want to sell or consign some coins to get high dollar sales,, try AANTV.COM..

Lastly, I was looking at Frankies on ebay tonight and had to laugh when this seller puts a list price in his auction title and sells the coin for more money in a BIN.. lol.. Some people.. Probably a honest mistake or should we call it Capitalism..

http://cgi.ebay.com/1954-Franklin-Half-PCGS-MS64-List-29-/370488694165?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item5642d8d595

You've never seen a coin you thought was worth more than list price? Or you've never bought a really nice coin above list? He obviously thinks his is worth more than list price. The question is does anyone else agree?

You've never seen a coin you thought was worth more than list price? Or you've never bought a really nice coin above list? He obviously thinks his is worth more than list price. The question is does anyone else agree?

I have no problem with dealers who charge more than "list" (however one defines that). In fact, I don't even mind when coins are offered and sold by dealers or collectors at multiples of list.

But you can learn a lot if later, you try to re-sell those same coins back to the same seller. I have tried that with a certain high end proof dealer on a couple of occasions, looking for an offer on proofs that he had previously sold. Strangely enough, he would not even make an offer, none! That might tell you something.

Certainly, Conder, I've both seen and bought coins for way over list (many multiples, sometimes). But I have a hard time believing that every single coin in his inventory is worth two or three times list. Especially since I once sold him a very nice FBL Franklin for 80% of list, only to have it show up a week later on his website at 2.5 times list.

Tomaska knows his stuff when it comes to cameo and proof coinage. Unfortunately, he ridiculously overcharges for his coins. Those 64FBL's he's selling for $99 each can often be found for a third of the price. Every single coin on his website is worth about half of what he's asking, often quite less. If you buy from Tomaska, don't ever expect to get any of your money back.

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

(see below).....another way to put it and i am going to write this down and use it at my next coin meeting for a coin they really overpaid for

You've never seen a coin you thought was worth more than list price? Or you've never bought a really nice coin above list? He obviously thinks his is worth more than list price. ---------The million dollar question is does anyone else agree?-------

someone has to pay for the marketing costs and an extremely high quality california lifestyle selling to most buyers who dont know one iota about the current market for these coins