• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ok, just got a bag of Clad proof Ikes, I know NCS cleans certain coins do?

12 posts in this topic

No major nicks or scratches.

Here's the issue... Toning on them, that's all, no nasty field spots, just a tan/creme toning.. Any way of cleaning these boogers right without being called a coin doctor or screwing them up?

Or, will NCS clean them for a fee.. thanks NGC collectors..

Common Dates S-mints.. 30- 1976 type 1.. 74/75/77/78.. They are quite nice.. I really don't like IKES and 19yds would verify this.. lol.... Got 53 of them for $86+juice/tax total was $94.00.

BTW, just sold 10 of them for $75 to a dude after the auction. He was mad that his bid sheet didn't say 53. Mine did..

What are they really worth in 66+ condition?

Are they all S mints? I'm looking for a 1977 P and 71, 72, 76 S mints (not silver) to complete my Ike collection.. most of mine are from circulating coins although a few are BU's.

No major nicks or scratches.

Here's the issue... Toning on them, that's all, no nasty field spots, just a tan/creme toning.. Any way of cleaning these boogers right without being called a coin doctor or screwing them up?

Or, will NCS clean them for a fee.. thanks NGC collectors..

Common Dates S-mints.. 30- 1976 type 1.. 74/75/77/78.. They are quite nice.. I really don't like IKES and 19yds would verify this.. lol.... Got 53 of them for $86+juice/tax total was $94.00.

BTW, just sold 10 of them for $75 to a dude after the auction. He was mad that his bid sheet didn't say 53. Mine did..

What are they really worth in 66+ condition?

About $14 a piece for the proofs.

Nothing wrong with dipping. The TPG's do it all the time.

Give it 5 seconds in EzEst, rinse well in distilled water, air dry.

Toning gone.

Lance.

Nothing wrong with dipping. The TPG's do it all the time.

Give it 5 seconds in EzEst, rinse well in distilled water, air dry.

Toning gone.

Lance.

I agree.

"Nothing wrong with dipping. The TPG's do it all the time."

...they do? all coins or just silver or just problem coins or what? :popcorn:

No, not all coins of course. It's done for a variety of reasons. One of the most common is to conserve a coin that has spoiled in the holder. If it can be successfully saved then there's no guarantee payout.

They have done it for me on silver and copper. Spots and ugly tarnish have been removed as well as verdigris.

Many collectors routinely dip silver coins before submitting them for grading. The most important things are to not overdo it and to rinse the coin properly.

Lance.

MS70 will not acid damage the coin's surfaces

No but the thread about what MS70 does to copper showed that it was a strong base (Ph somewhere around 13.5) so I would be concerned about it's effects if overdone as well. Bases can be just as corrosive as acids.

No, not all coins of course. It's done for a variety of reasons. One of the most common is to conserve a coin that has spoiled in the holder. If it can be successfully saved then there's no guarantee payout.

They have done it for me on silver and copper. Spots and ugly tarnish have been removed as well as verdigris.

When you submitted the coins for conservation, were they labeled 'cleaned' on the holders afterwards?