• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kryptonitecomics proudly announces the launching on KEY Largo Rare Coins!!!

35 posts in this topic

KLRCbanner.jpg

I have exciting news for all of the collectors and members here who follow my auctions on Ebay.....I have decided to start a website with my long time Business partners RCtoners and we are very proud to annouce the Key Largo Rare Coins is now live!!!

KEY LARGO RARE COINS

While the website isn't the most technologically advanced site on the web (Hey I built it and I don't have a degree) we hope to continue to add features that make it one of the most usuable sites for coin collectors of all shapes and sizes. Like most sites it's still a work in progress and there are many additional sections that will be added in the coming months so collectors can come to purchase coins or just come to read show reports, articales on coin photography, learn about types of toned coins, or just browse through are soon to be extensive gallery of previously sold coins. There will also be an Ebay section that will feature our current Ebay offerings as that is still a large part of our ongoing business model. What we hope to do is fill the website with more higher end coins toned and non toned that we have been currently avoiding listing on Ebay as we don't like reserve auctions and most of the BIN's you see on Ebay are well above fair market prices due to sellers needing to cover Ebay\Paypal fees as well as squeeze out a fair profit margain. By listing directly on our site we hope to be able to list some top quality material at fair but competative prices.

So to provide a basic index of what we currently have on the site, please see below:

- Coin photography - Tips & Tricks

- Coin Imaging - New Service available

- Toning Facts & Information - Extensive gallery of toned coin images by type

- Coin Gallery - Previously Feature coin gallery with high quality images

- Ebay Auctions

- Real time Bullion prices

Coming Soon:

- Favorite Site Links

- Coin grading section w/photos

So please join myself, Chris and Robin and take a tour of the new site and if you have feedback or suggestions of things you think you would like to see on the site please e-mail us at:

keylargorarecoins@yahoo.com

I will be keeping the Kryptonitecomics name on Ebay for the next few months as we transition over to the new company name and website, but we will be including flyers with all coins sold on Ebay to get the word out about the future name change!!

As always you can find a link here to our current Ebay auctions or find a better list with images directly on our site!!!

Kryptonitecomics on Ebay

Congratulation Shane. I have bought a couple of coins from you and often admired your photography skills. Great luck.

Jim

Nice site, it just has some issue with Firefox - pages are too wide and not always centered on the page....

But otherwise I look forward to browsing your offerings !

Good luck !

Agree with TonerGuy.

Site should be designed for 1024x768 monitors.

The top image is 1450 pixels wide, which will not fit on most monitors, except for 21's and 22's.

Also, I would aim to avoid black backgrounds and scrolling or blinking text, as these are frowned upon today.

Let me know if you need some assistance.

Hopefully you don't mind the constructive criticism.

I too am looking forward to your offerings.

I have heard feedback about the width of the site...I agree and will work to adjust that down but the black background is going to stay as it really looks good especially with toners (worship)

Everyone is free to post any feedback they like here or send me a PM....it will not be frowned upon either way. Thanks for looking :golfclap:

I like the site too, but agree that the scrolling text doesn't look the best.

Heck of alot better than I could do though, when is the inventory going to be updated?

Good luck, Shane!

My only recommendation is that you try not to mention this on CT because there are too many people there who think it is perfectly okay to cheat a dealer, and they can't understand one-syllable words.

Chris

I was going to say something about the width but it didn't bother me. I like the site and your coins as always.

Thanks for mentioning that you are planning on changing the name on ebay because I too need to change it from my site to show your listings.

I wish you all the best of luck, success and enjoyment in collecting these beautiful unique coins.

Good luck, Shane!

My only recommendation is that you try not to mention this on CT because there are too many people there who think it is perfectly okay to cheat a dealer, and they can't understand one-syllable words.

Chris

Chris, are you looking to get banned from CT? You know they read this on here and they will be a pain about it.....lol

Good luck, Shane!

Chris

Chris, are you looking to get banned from CT? You know they read this on here and they will be a pain about it.....lol

Well, seeing how I've said it before both here and there, they must know I'm right.

Chris

I will be keeping the Kryptonitecomics name on Ebay for the next few months as we transition over to the new company name and website, but we will be including flyers with all coins sold on Ebay to get the word out about the future name change!!

As always you can find a link here to our current Ebay auctions or find a better list with images directly on our site!!!

Even given the impending name change for your business, I wouldn't change my eBay account. You have built up a phenomenal reputation as an honest dealer, and it may take people who don't peruse this site time to figure out that you are now KeyLargoCoins or whatever eBay alias you were planning on. If you are concerned about the name, consider building a custom me page or store front with your logo. All in all, I would leave the eBay moniker alone if I were you. I wish you the best of luck with your business; I know that I'll be checking your site out regularly.

Even given the impending name change for your business, I wouldn't change my eBay account. You have built up a phenomenal reputation as an honest dealer, and it may take people who don't peruse this site time to figure out that you are now KeyLargoCoins or whatever eBay alias you were planning on. If you are concerned about the name, consider building a custom me page or store front with your logo. All in all, I would leave the eBay moniker alone if I were you. I wish you the best of luck with your business; I know that I'll be checking your site out regularly.

In hand with that, wouldn't it be possible to advertise KLRC on your Krypto eBay for several months, and let your customers know that you are transitioning to KLRC? At the same time, use the KLRC site to advertise your Krypto eBay and inform those customers of the transition to KLRC.

Chris

In hand with that, wouldn't it be possible to advertise KLRC on your Krypto eBay for several months, and let your customers know that you are transitioning to KLRC? At the same time, use the KLRC site to advertise your Krypto eBay and inform those customers of the transition to KLRC.

Chris

That was my plan including putting flyers into my packages I mail out talking about the name change etc. I guess I will still have to figure out if it's the right plan at this point...

Chris

That was my plan including putting flyers into my packages I mail out talking about the name change etc. I guess I will still have to figure out if it's the right plan at this point...

I don't see any problem!! When you change your name on ebay it puts a name change icon next you your name for 30 days. If they have you as a favorite seller it will still show up even after you change your name.

Chris

Yes, but my concern was more about feedback. Also, you can advertise for as long as you want, but there will always be customers who don't open their mail or pay attention. I know that with my studies, there are periods of greater than 30 days when I don't have time to look on eBay. I would have completely missed such an announcement.

Edited to add: Even if it had changed to his new moniker in my saved sellers list, I would likely overlook it, relying on the old moniker. I might even question why I added the new seller, assuming that it was in error or that the purchase was so insignificant that I had completely forgotten about it!

I can create that logo with a HTML code, so that you can paste it to your listings and people just click on it to direct them there if you wish.

Hey I might not be a web design master but even I know how to do that lol

I can create that logo with a HTML code, so that you can paste it to your listings and people just click on it to direct them there if you wish.

Hey I might not be a web design master but even I know how to do that lol

Oooops,...lol. But seriously, if you need something just let us know.