• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black spots on 1928 Peace Dollar

3 posts in this topic

Generally with spots like those that appear on this dollar we can lighten their appearance. In a general sense, black on a silver coin will not be completely removed. This lightening would also involve removing the residues on the remainder of the coin. Of course there is always the possibility that the image may not quite match the actual coin and the prognosis will be different.

I am unable to determine from the image if there is a problem with the surface of the coin that would result in a details grade designation from NGC.

Chris, NCS

I just bought 35 NGC Peace Dollars, all Ms64, nearly everyone had some black spotting on the surface, on the edges or in the grooves on the coins. I'm a first time silver buyer. To me, seems these coins would be questionable Ms64 graded coins.I don't know what to think about my purchase. Is this type problem common in Ms64 siver coins, thanks in advance for ANY HELP