• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good service from NGC!

2 posts in this topic

Here is an interesting experience from the Portland ANA. I had a chance to talk to some folks there, as well as David Lange who was exceedingly helpful. I submitted two invoices, a crossover for a 1902 IHC in an ANACS holder, and several modern coins (it's sort of like buying a lotto ticket when the jackpot get's really big!). I handed them to Sarah on Saturday, and I just checked and they are already entered into the system as scheduled for grading! I didn't expect them to be entered for a few more days. On the other hand, I stopped by the PCGS table to inquire about getting my 1926 Saint reholdered as I am getting sick of the rattling. Given that they were doing walkthroughs at the show, I thought they might be able to just do it there for a $10 fee or something, but I was told I'd have to submit it, and the current turnaround on reholders was 20 business days! That's a month to us regular folks! I couldn't believe it, so my 26 Saint will be rattling a little while longer! Now I only hope I'm as satisfied with NGC when they post the grades! 893whatthe.gif

This is the type of situation where you should just cross the Saint. PCGS will charge you $10 to reholder it and another $15 for shipping and you'll wait a month. For ~$25 you can have it crossed into NGC in about the same time.