• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

St. Gaudens $20 Gold 1914-s-SOLD THREAD CLOSED

13 posts in this topic

Hello to all after getting some good input from board members I am offering a 1914-s St. Gaudens $20 piece for sale. Most of the people I have spoke to ranged it between MS-62 and Ms-65. Someone I asked yesterday told me it looked like a MS-63 or 64. I know the market value of Gold but not the exact value of the coin itself. I will offer a refund if anyone is not happy with it. U.s. buyers only please. I ship with a confirmation and insurance. Payment by paypal (contact me first) or check. Asking price is $2300. Again offers will be considered. Thank you very much. I will post more pictures. WedFeb09224156EST2011.jpg

Hello to all after getting some good input from board members I am offering a 1914-s St. Gaudens $20 piece for sale. Most of the people I have spoke to ranged it between MS-62 and Ms-65. Someone I asked yesterday told me it looked like a MS-63 or 64. I know the market value of Gold but not the exact value of the coin itself. I will offer a refund if anyone is not happy with it. U.s. buyers only please. I ship with a confirmation and insurance. Payment by paypal (contact me first) or check. Asking price is $2300. Again offers will be considered. Thank you very much. I will post more pictures.

Based on the replies to the thread where you initially posted the coin, at least, I think it is highly misleading to state that "Most of the people I have spoke to ranged it between MS-62 and Ms-65."

Not a single posted opinion was above MS63, and there were a number of grade guesses that included AU grade possibilities. Based on this thread and what you posted, I regret having tried to help you.

Here are the replies in the order in which they appeared:

Mine: "The images are too blurry for a meaningful grade guess. But I'll guess MS62, possibly as low as AU55 or as high as MS63."

" I see what appears to be wear so I'll guess from those very poor pics AU58. Like Mark said, the grading services may grade it anywhere from AU55 to MS63 based on their in-hand examination.."

"I would have to guess from AU58 to MS62."

"It's probably UNC, MS-61 or 2. "

"my first thought from your photos

ms62"

" Hard to tell from the photos, as others said, it could be AU or low MS"

Sir , first of all the threads are not the only place I asked about the possible grade on the coin. If I did only base it on the threads then I would have mentioned it. I have shown the coin to a few peoplewho held it in hand so I think those opinions should count as well. Don't come on here and try to attack me without even knowing me. And like I said on the sales , if someone is unhappy with it I would take a return.

Sir , first of all the threads are not the only place I asked about the possible grade on the coin. If I did only base it on the threads then I would have mentioned it. I have shown the coin to a few peoplewho held it in hand so I think those opinions should count as well. Don't come on here and try to attack me without even knowing me. And like I said on the sales , if someone is unhappy with it I would take a return.
So, you asked around elsewhere, and mentioned those more favorable opinions, while omitting the less favorable ones. Sorry, but that still sounds misleading to me.

Well Mark what would YOU value more an opinion from just pics or an opinion from someone who actually held it in hand? I really doubt you would pick the first. And besides almsot eveyone did mention how the pics were blury so really.... misleading? No You are just being a vindictive S.. so please exit my thread if you do not want to show any respect.

To clarify my listing, I have had a few personal pms, and I had also shown the coin to a few people who know much more about this hobby than myself. The people who held the coin in hand gave it a more favorable grade compared to the grades given from the pics posted. I hope its all clear now. Thank you all

The price now is $1900 if anyone serious was considering thanks again

Well Mark what would YOU value more an opinion from just pics or an opinion from someone who actually held it in hand? I really doubt you would pick the first. And besides almsot eveyone did mention how the pics were blury so really.... misleading? No You are just being a vindictive S.. so please exit my thread if you do not want to show any respect.
Since you asked, I would value opinions, based primarily on how expert they were. And if I were going to relay the opinions I had received, I wouldn't mention only the positive ones, and omit the negative ones.

Vindictive? I have no knowledge of whom you are, and, as far as I know, I haven't had any dealings with you. So there is no vindictiveness involved.

When people makes sales they might mention all the points made but would a person speak unfavorably about themselves? Or sit there and point out all the negative aspects and omit the positive aspects? You are acting like a child who has nothing else better to do in their lives. No you never dealt with me , no one here (on the coin section) has but I have dealt tons of comics throughout my lifetime and I can stand to say I have delivered almost all the time. And when something wasn't right I corrected it. That's how I deal my friend. And yes you aremaking a personal attack and I will have to point this out to the moderators. And I did clarify that there were lower grades mentioned from the pics compared to people who held it in hand. Is that simple enough to understand?

When people makes sales they might mention all the points made but would a person speak unfavorably about themselves? Or sit there and point out all the negative aspects and omit the positive aspects? You are acting like a child who has nothing else better to do in their lives. No you never dealt with me , no one here (on the coin section) has but I have dealt tons of comics throughout my lifetime and I can stand to say I have delivered almost all the time. And when something wasn't right I corrected it. That's how I deal my friend. And yes you aremaking a personal attack and I will have to point this out to the moderators. And I did clarify that there were lower grades mentioned from the pics compared to people who held it in hand. Is that simple enough to understand?
Please don't try to twist my words. I didn't say that you should have pointed out all of the negative aspects and omitted the positive ones. Only that it was misleading to mention only the favorable ones and omit the negative ones. And you only made your clarification AFTER I raised the issue.

I will notify the moderator and ask him or her to take whatever action against me, if any, that he or she deems appropriate.

Edited to add - I sent this to the moderator:

"Hi, the original poster apparently feels that I unfairly attacked him in this thread. I have a different opinion, but it is yours, that counts. If you feel that I was out of line, please feel free to take whatever action you feel is warranted.

Sincerely,

Mark Feld"

Dude can you please stop invading my thread? Is this what you like to do constantly? I asked you afew times not to interact with me any longer and you still continue. And I made it very clear to what some one said to me in person compared to what people said from a pic. Now I don't know how to. Grade coins (and I admited that right from the start) but you have another agenda. Its becoming obvious. I didn't do anything illegal by the standards of the boards. But YOU are starting to!

Just to show that I will be fair and all I will offer the coin for $1200 (I believe that was one of the lowest values given by a board member? Id have to go back and check). Now if someone is interested (Besides the one person who continues to disrespect me on my thread) in it for $1200 let me know if I don't get interest then I will close the thread tomorrow afternoon. And again if anyone isn't happy with it I will take it back and fully refund. Thank you for looking