• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

QOTW # 28: Is it more fun to buy coins? or to sell them (by auction or not)?

12 posts in this topic

buying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

selling is the problem

losing $$

rat collectors and dealers low balling you and telling you that your coin is a piece of mess

auction consignment directors telling you that you coin is only worth half of what you know it is worth and telling you to put it in unreserved as this creats more bidding activity and that they will only charge you a 10% sellers fee lol as they got to eat too

lots of mean, disrespectful, nasty, smelly, dirty, foul mouthed buyers at coins shows when showing coins trying to sell them

selling is the problem

losing $$

rat collectors and dealers low balling you and telling you that your coin is a piece of mess

auction consignment directors telling you that you coin is only worth half of what you know it is worth and telling you to put it in unreserved as this creats more bidding activity and that they will only charge you a 10% sellers fee lol as they got to eat too

lots of mean, disrespectful, nasty, smelly, dirty, foul mouthed buyers at coins shows when showing coins trying to sell them

So what are you trying to say Micheal lol

selling is the problem

losing $$

So what are you trying to say Micheal lol

LMAO. Yeah Michael, tell us how you really feel. (but I certainly agree 100%)

I'm a dealer (sorry Michael), and I would definetly say buying. Selling is fun too, but it's like breaking up with a really hot girl, because you can't afford to take her out anymore. But, a lot of times, If you don't get rid of her, then you can't make room for the next one. So, there is always a silver lining. Jake

lol

well these experiences of mine are my own others might have different experiences

lol

but i guess i dont get around too much and i might need to find more passionate end user collectors for better results

but i have found some fair, nice buyers but they are downright uncommon