• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Satin Coins Volume two posted by Captain Clipon

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Well, they did it.

There has been talk about doing away with the Satin coins that were distributed with the Uncirculated Mint Sets for the last few years. It is official; the Satin coin is history.

I have been putting together a MS69 Lincoln set and have done pretty well. I have never had to pay $800.00 (eBay, or beg, borrow or steal to get the coins I want.

They come up on auction occasionally and I get them at a price I am willing to pay.

If memory serves, I have 5 coins left;

2007-D

2008-D

2009-D Presidential

2010-D

I clearly have been collecting these coins because I like them, and not to fund my retirement, but I can't help but wonder what will happen to these coins as far as popularity.

Will this kill the type or will it make them all that much more desirable? Mintages are low and high quality coins are hard to come by. Sounds like a winner, but collectors are hard to predict. In ten years people might just forget about these.

By the way, I will finish the set.

See more journals by Captain Clipon