• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Determining the Total Number of Graded MS70 ASE Ultra Cameo by NGC in 2006?

10 posts in this topic

Hello all

Does anyone know how one can find the total number of graded (by NGC) 2006W MS70 American Silver Eagles Ultra Cameo?

Also is the multiple grading scales within the MS Ultra Cameo that would distinguish one ASE from another? (ie multiple populations within Ultra Cameo - or is that it just Ultra Cameo?)

Thanks

OU812

Hello all

Does anyone know how one can find the total number of graded (by NGC) 2006W MS70 American Silver Eagles Ultra Cameo?

Also is the multiple grading scales within the MS Ultra Cameo that would distinguish one ASE from another? (ie multiple populations within Ultra Cameo - or is that it just Ultra Cameo?)

Thanks

OU812

MS70 and Ultra Cameo are mutually exclusive for ASEs. An ASE can be MS70 or it can be an Ultra Cameo, but it cannot be both.

Hello Tom

Thank you for all of the information yesterday. It certainly made me think about what I was looking at when I saw the prices on the NGC web site for the ASE's and the values that were being shown for each. I have one question though for you and it has to do with your statement that MS70 and Ultra Cameo are mutually exclusive? Why then does NGC rate ASE's as MS70 Ultra Cameo? I have two in my hand right now.

Just curious.

Let me know.

Thanks

OU812

I don't think the grade is MS70 UltraCameo. The 2006W's are the burnished Eagles or the Proof eagles. The burnished Eagles would be MS70 and the Proofs (with mirrored finish) would be PF70 Ultra Cameo.

Bobby has already given the answer, but I will follow up, too. The proof ASEs are eligible for the Ultra CAM designation, but the mint state ASEs are not eligible for this. If you have a pair of NGC certified ASEs in your hands that have Ultra CAM on their labels then I suspect they are proof coins and will be graded as PF and not MS.

Got it (also I did not mean I had the 2006w in my hand) I have a 2008 and 2010.

But thank you all again as this is really confusing and to Toms point from yesterday you can throw your money away pretty quick (I almost did - but thanks to you all

and what I learned here saved me my money so I will buy you all a WWW beer).

Thanks

OU812