• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

question- is sterling 92.5% silver?

6 posts in this topic

200563414039, this is one of my auctions, i sell military stuff, so back in ww2 era, when there was silver lol, they were made of sterling, is sterling 92.5%?

, i dont wanna fudge my auction or be misleading, just seems like to me its more than 990% coin silver, maybe not

someone elighten me (worship)

crazy uncle rube sterling di/unit crest auction

Sterling silver is an alloy of silver, and is 92.5% by weight with the remaining amount of another metal, usually copper.

The fineness is .925 compared to bullion silver of .999 fine.

Yes, sterling silver is 92.5%. I believe the British Empire used sterling silver for coinage, but the US used 90% silver for halves, quarters & dimes during WWII.

Chris

Just a thought--You may want to list the weight of the medals. If someone is looking to buy based on silver content and not for the medals alone. That information would give a bidder an idea of the silver content and lead to better bids for your auction.

$ilverHawk

THANX GUYS, I THOUGHT IT WAS 92.5% BUT WASNT POSITIVE 100% SURE , THEY ARE WORTH WORE IN MILITARY UNIT ID'S THAN SILVER ANYWAYS,

THATS PROBABLY A GOOD IDEA SILVERHAWK, I JUST BOUGHT A DIGITAL SCALE TODAY