• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Now I'm Really Embarrassed posted by Electric Peak Collection

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

But the presentation has been improved...

Those of you who follow the annual Registry Awards and the journals are aware that I was honored this year with one of the Best Presented Sets awards for 2010. A couple days ago I wrote a journal in response to that. In it, I described the format and content of the descriptions I provided for each coin. My goal has been to update the descriptions of all my registered coins to that standard. I knew I wasn't yet done, but I gave myself an unpleasant surprise this evening.

I decided to look at those descriptions that had been so honored. I was shocked to see that most of them were missing the auction catalog descriptions (when available) and my "stories" of how and when I acquired the coins. Some even lacked my descriptions. All of them did have the information mentioned in the award citation, however. Apparently, I had added all that information the coins in my middle dates set, but not the late dates!

So, this evening I have remedied the situation. I have added the "necessary" information to the descriptions of each coin in my late dates large cents set. The value to CS members may not have increased very much with this update, but at least now the presentation of the set might be closer to being worthy of the award it received.

The coins themselves continue to be a joy to own...

Best wishes to all!

See more journals by Electric Peak Collection

Sometimes we are harder on ourselves than others would be. Your sets are top-notch and a sight to behold. Your descriptions have always shown an in depth knowledge and passion of your collection. Believe me all the award winning sets this year have set the bar high for the awards in years to come. In fact I look at all the winning sets in part to glean ideas of how to better present my sets. Your descriptions are certainly an inspiration and if I am to get better with my descriptions I will certainly have to model them after the best. All the best to you with your half-dime collection.

Gary