• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC coin images

8 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

A private mail question I received about obtaining NGC coin images for one's website or registry set reminded me that not everyone knows about this service.

NGC will provide images of coins submitted for grading and other services. The cost is $3, which includes images of both obverse and reverse in the holder. These are then emailed to the customer. The images are not high resolution, but they're certainly equal to most internet photos.

There's a box to check on the submission form for this service.

You're probably thinking of Photo Proof. That is a complete package, with high resolution photos, sans the holder, printed out and matched to a text booklet. The prices for this service are $25 for the Classic and $35 for the Deluxe.

The $3 service is just interent-quality images of obverse and reverse within the NGC holder.

David:

I recently received 4 coins certified by NGC and used the imaging service. Very sat with pics, however the reverse side is shown upside down and does not make for pleasurable viewing. Is this NGC protocol or just a fluke, if a fluke how can I rightside the image?

THanks Eric

UPeninsula,

I spoke with Kim in our Graphics Department, and henceforth she will image the coins in the correct orientation on both sides. You may email her any existing images that are inverted, and she will send them back to you corrected. Her address is KLitch@NGCcoin.com. smile.gif