• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1993 Gold Eagle Proof Set -Ebay

14 posts in this topic

I bid $2,200 for this proof set and was outbid by several other bidders. The seller emailed me with a second chance at my $2,000 bid (item #15052248929). There were six bidders ahead of me and th ewinning bid was $$2,751.05. I emailed the seller and asked them why they offered the coins to me for $2200 and they said that the high bidder backed out and the others had bought another coin/s. I emailed them and aske dif the COA came with the Proof Set and so far haven't rec'd an answer. The serller has 25 feedback, only 2 which can be seen. The feedback the last 12 months is zero. Now, this may be an honest person who is trying to raise holiday money and really hasn't sold anything in the past year and this is a good price on the 1993 Gold Proof Set (Redbook says $3,350). If I were the seller, I'd relist the set and sell it for much more than $2200 but this guy seems intent on letting it go for that price. What do you guys think? 've been burnt on Ebay before and I don't like the feeling...so I'm maybe overly cautious.

Yes, Paypal paid me $1,700 dollars back on a counterfeit 16D and I would suppose they went after the seller since he wouldn't refund the $$$. So I suspect that Paypal would indeed back up the sale if I did buy. I still see all kinds of yellow and red flags on this deal.

Go with ur gut my friend!

I bid $2,200 for this proof set and was outbid by several other bidders. The seller emailed me with a second chance at my $2,000 bid (item #15052248929). There were six bidders ahead of me and th ewinning bid was $$2,751.05. I emailed the seller and asked them why they offered the coins to me for $2200 and they said that the high bidder backed out and the others had bought another coin/s. I emailed them and aske dif the COA came with the Proof Set and so far haven't rec'd an answer. The serller has 25 feedback, only 2 which can be seen. The feedback the last 12 months is zero. Now, this may be an honest person who is trying to raise holiday money and really hasn't sold anything in the past year and this is a good price on the 1993 Gold Proof Set (Redbook says $3,350). If I were the seller, I'd relist the set and sell it for much more than $2200 but this guy seems intent on letting it go for that price. What do you guys think? 've been burnt on Ebay before and I don't like the feeling...so I'm maybe overly cautious.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

lets see american gold eagle proof set

i think 1.85 troy ounces

as there is a one ounce, a half ounce, a quarter ounce, and a tenth ounce

that comes to 1.85 troy ounces and using 1351 an ounce as a spot value

that is $2500 melt value and you offered him 2200 usd?? and then you are asking should you send him the money??

i think i am missing something here like the twilight zone

heres your answer

bears and bulls make money pigs get slaughtered

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

lets see american gold eagle proof set

i think 1.85 troy ounces

as there is a one ounce, a half ounce, a quarter ounce, and a tenth ounce

that comes to 1.85 troy ounces and using 1351 an ounce as a spot value

that is $2500 melt value and you offered him 2200 usd?? and then you are asking should you send him the money??

i think i am missing something here like the twilight zone

heres your answer

bears and bulls make money pigs get slaughtered

Dang Michael, I sure hope ur in better mood tomorrow. You seem to be very rude this evening! (shrug)

michael has a point based on melt price. Your sellers communication raises a red flag. Think about it--Redbook $3350 melt price $2500. Seller is OK with taking an $300 hit below melt. Several higher bidders back out with a lame excuse of buying other coins? 25 feedback 2 reporting?

Do you feel the hook in your mouth?

PS You won't get an anwser on the COA.

Stay very far away. What you have described is a classic scam.

$ilverHawk

Sounds fishy to me(eBay usually is) and I would not take the offer.

FYI, Redbook is about 20% over FMV on coins.