• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Climbing out of the Abyss posted by Mr. Thompson

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Well now my friends, well now (what movie as that from?) Red Dawn

It is with great pleasure that I can announce effective Monday the 22nd that the economic recovery has finally hit my household. After 2 and 1/2 years of being way under-employed, thankfully employed but unable to keep my entire stash of silver (about 20 pounds) which I had to sell while Silver was at $13, I am returning to the land of the living...collector that is. Believe me, I will be taking it slow at first, I have a ton of bills to catch up on BUT, I will be able to start buying coins again in six months or so.

One thing has remained constant for me throughout this whole ordeal, my love of collecting. While I have seen my stash diminish greatly, I have held onto what I cherished the most which is a lot more than others can say.

Equally, I have enjoyed checking in and seeing what my colleagues on this site have been accomplishing and relishing, even living vicariously, through many of you.

I know many are still struggling and I continue to count myself in that fold until such time that I am really cash sound.

Here's hoping all of you are doing well and hope that those of you who are struggling will be turning the corner shortly.

As somewhat of an afterthought, does anyone know why in God's name MS-67 Lincolns in 2009 and 2010 are so darn expensive? What is the deal there?

Anyhow, take care and keep on collecting. Someday soon I hope to be able to put in a few more beauties into the holes in my collection.

Best Wishes,

Chad

See more journals by Mr. Thompson