• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Conservation for milk spots?

1 post in this topic

I know this subject has been beat down with a baseball bat a few times and I have read a few other posts about the subject but I have a few questions. I have a 1 kilo lunar proof coin that has a milk spots on both sides (obviously its a large coin). I called NGC customer service and the rep told me to send it in for "appearance review", it's actually graded PF 69 UC. My questions are, what can NCS do for the coin because the rep told me it will be sent over to NCS first. Can the spots be removed and if so, will they return? I read that there isn't really much anyone can do about them since they are imbedded under the surface of the coin. Basically I'm just wondering why the rep told me the coin would be sent to NCS if theres nothing that can be done? If the top layer of spots can be removed (to enhance the coins appearance) I'd be satisfied as I think it might be a long while before they return, if they return. Thanks in advance.