• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Started my Morgans posted by Joshua Murphy

5 posts in this topic

Hi Joshua,

Nice to meet another collector just getting their Morgan set underway. I started mine in the spring of this year and have had a blast working on it. Like you, I began with the more common coins in MS state and am now slowly trickling my way into the rarer ones. I'm now driving my collection into completing a New Orleans mint set since I grew up in Louisiana. Its getting there slowly but surely. Good luck on your collection and I look forward to hearing about its progress!

Kreg

Morgan Mania

I finally started my Morgan Set. I'm working on all the inexpensive MS coins first, then I will move on to the CC's down the line.

See more journals by Joshua Murphy

I started my Morgan set about 8 months ago. I am concentrating on MS65 common date coins to start with. Good luck in completing your set. (thumbs u

Best wishes Joshua on your Morgan Dollar collection!

I just started my New Orleans minted Morgan Dollar short set in late August. Many of the coins in my collection are rainbow toned. I am having lots of fun assembling this set. Along side the collecting, I am doing historical research on my coins and have found the Morgan Dollar to be a truly fascinating topic. Soon I will be writing my owner descriptions to go with each coin.

Gary

Thanks for all the positive feedback. It's nice to know that there are other collectors that as are enthusiastic as I am out there.

Just a quick update, went to one of my local dealers and knocked out a few goodies today.... I picked up some nice Carson Cities today.... 1881-CC MS64PL, 1883-CC MS63, 1884-CC MS64... My first CC's for my set, I also put a nice MS65 1885-CC on hold and will grab it up later this month.

I'm new to the NGC site (I've been on a couple of months), so feel free to reach out and befriend me, I'm always looking to build my friendships with knowlegeably and friendly collectors.

Also, I have a nice inventory building up, so if you need anything for your collection, please let me know. I have tons of Wheat Cents (about 30 Certified, various dates), some buffalo's, and about 120 Seated Liberty Dimes ready to go out the door.

Thanks again,

Josh