• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New #1 in the Silver Roosie Registry!

160 posts in this topic

Wow! Brian just keeps pushing forward and is very close to having what I would call an unbeatable set in the NGC silver Roosevelt registry. :applause:

There are only 5 coins in his set that lack the plus or star designation. We are witnessing a world class set in the making.

Nick Cascio

Anyone following this thread knows about rainbowroosie (aka Bill). Bill has about as good an eye for Roosie’s as anyone I know.

His set has been in hiding for 10+ years now. Those of us Roosie guys that were at the FUN show were treated to a viewing

Of his set.

Thanks Nick,

Lots of * coins in the set now; I'll probably send another batch of the PCGC coins in for cross...should make a few more * with them!

Honestly, what pleased me the most were the 8 + coins --- 8 of 17 + coins ain't bad! Maybe I "can" grade after all...even though you tell me I can't...

Brian,

watch out, I'm within 50,000 points of you!!!!!!! Feel the pressure... ;)

Congrats Bill!!!

So, can you (or NGC) explain why it took an extra submission for them to score the coins the second time?

Regardless, it's wonderful to see the coins graded correctly now.

Can someone explain to me why the 58D is NOT a * coin??? Check the photo in the set??????????

I bought that from Nick. He made it from a GREAT mint set. I can't grade, but I think the coin is closer to 68 than 67 and has SUPERB color...My grade is 67FT*

OK, maybe I'm a little biased, but DO look at the coin...no * ???????

Wow, I feel like I'm just watching all the activity and not doing much myself. Congrats to Brian and Bill. I had all those upgrades a couple months back and now you guys are making those look like they were nothing special. Amazing! NGC seems to be really handing out the Stars lately, we have really made a bunch of them.

When is the next bunch coming and who has them? Every time I think it's going to be quiet for a while, somebody posts another amazing group!

Dan

Bill,

I'm going to take new photos of the whole set soon, but Nick still has a number of them, so once I have the whole set back together, I'll get caught up on the photos.

In the meantime, I know this is early, but are y'all planning on FUN again next year? I am going to make it next year, and would really like to meet everyone in person. And maybe drag a few Roosies along for show and tell.

Dan

Thanks to Nick, I have added the only 68FT Roosie of the 1960's, a very nice 61-D to my set this morning! We know there are a couple 68*FT coins listed in the NGC POP reports from the 60's, but neither of those coins actually exist in those holders, as they were crossed at lower grades to PCGS years ago. So for now anyway, this is the only NGC 68 from the 60's.

On a side note, this addition put my 1946 to Date set over the 200,000 point level on the NGC Registry. I know it's just a number with no real significance, but it's been a goal I've been chasing since I registered my sets over here. Not sure if it's been done before, but sorta cool.

Enough blowing my own horn, thanks again Nick, and have a great week all!

Dan

Brian,

Working hard to get those last 2 for you. As to my knowledge no one has ever completed an all "star" silver Roosie set. I tried and never made it. Jim has come the closest to that accomplishment. I know with your commitment you will be the first. Your set now has the highest points ever achieved for a silver Roosie set and would rank as all time finest. I see your set breaking many records in the coming years.

Nick

Fellow Roosie Collectors,

I thought I would let you know that NGC has agreed to display my Roosie set at the June Long Beach Show. This is a great opportunity to promote OUR Roosies and NGC's star designation. As far as anyone knows, no one has every had a complete set of "star" designated coins. I'm hoping the 51D hits prior to the show so all 48 have the designation.

Hope some of you can make it to the show.

Brian

Fellow Roosie Collectors,

I thought I would let you know that NGC has agreed to display my Roosie set at the June Long Beach Show. This is a great opportunity to promote OUR Roosies and NGC's star designation. As far as anyone knows, no one has every had a complete set of "star" designated coins. I'm hoping the 51D hits prior to the show so all 48 have the designation.

Hope some of you can make it to the show.

Brian

:applause:

Somebody needs to take photos at Long Beach and post what roosie collectors look like in their natural element...maybe a candid photo of Nick and others at the beer place across from the hotel...I remember it well, well make that I sorta remember it...

Brian Andersen's Silver Roosevelt Dime set will be on display at the NGC table from Thursday to Saturday June 2nd - June 4th at the Long Beach Show.

Come by take a look at some fabulous toned Roosevelt Dimes. I'll be there on Thursday as well.

Everybody gets to move up a couple notches. Congratulations to Paul who has moved into 1st place in the 46-64 Roosie Registry. Jason with the #2 set can take a run at Paul.

Have fun with your dimes. Let me know if I can help

Nick

Brian, was this a decision you made prior to, or during the show? Are u moving to a new series?

Did one collector buy your collection or was it dispersed?