• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New #1 in the Silver Roosie Registry!

160 posts in this topic

Paul,

Come on now, I have spent some money this year on some great coins and I have ZERO regrets about it. I will have these coins and set for a long time. The certificate is only a bonus (if I win) and on top of that I have no clue what one even looks like. I am always open to trades should it work for both of us...just make an offer anytime.

Best of luck...I look forward to "eventually" seeing your newest roosies.

Brian

I appreciate the trade-sell offer ..I know U,Dan and I will be battleing it again next year. More 68ft will come out and it will become the luck of the draw who need is. All three of us are about evenly matched. We all have different holes that need to be filled. I wonder what happens when 2 of us get all our coins in 68*FT. Time will only tell

I highly doubt two of each silver Roosie will exist in 68*FT any time soon. Let's set the goal a little higher. Who will be the first to get a 68+*FT, or better yet, a 69*FT? That's what I'm chasing. It's bound to happen sooner or later, care to make a friendly wager guys? And before you ask, no, I do not have one. At least not yet. And the wager pays off only if you make one, not write a check for one. What do you say guys? By the way, anybody planning on going to FUN in January? I'm thinking about it.

Dan

Also, same goes for me with the trade offer. All proposals will be considered, just be realistic. I think you all have my e-mail address.

Despite how this year turns out, next year we have 3 very strong sets vying for the number 1 spot. Upgrades are

Going to be big coins and I’m sure some big coins will become available. Big coins require big bucks. This won’t

Be just about which dates in 68*FT become available it will also be about who will be in a position to capitalize

And be able to write the check. I predict we will see at least 2 – 3 monster Roosies hit the market in 2011. I

Predict a record price will be paid.

I’ll be at FUN this year. Dinner at Vito’s is always a big hit. We usually fill a backroom table on Friday night.

I fly in Wednesday and fly out Saturday. Jim Green (Lablover) Myself (Onlyroosies) and Bill Kelley (Rainbowroosie)

Meet every year to talk coins, especially Roosies. We set goals for the coming year and our top goal is always

The same. Try and find one coin for Rainbowroosie.

All are welcome. Hope to see some new faces

Nick

Nick, as usual, is confused. Vito's is in Orlando -- FUN is in Tampa...it's a good thing I drive him around at the show!!!

I'm there early on Wednesday and look forward to seeing everyone. I'm told Bern's Steakhouse is decent?? Anyone eaten at the place?? Most importantly, how good is the wine list?? Of course, we all could just ask Kryptonite Comics to bring some of his wine collection to party with!!!!

Be sure to get with the roosie guys early so we all can eat together...keep this string alive for the next month.

Of course, we all could just ask Kryptonite Comics to bring some of his wine collection to party with!!!!

I'm there!

I brought 89 bottles of wine when I came back from Italy......I lived there for 2.5 years so I was buying and drinking the whole time and I had 89 extra when I moved. All of them are 1999 or 2001 (the locals told me those where the good years).

Well I am definitely going to finish third in the Silver Roosie Registry, but I think there is a pretty good chance Paul is going to slip into first before the deadline. The race between Brian and Paul is going down to the wire. Good Luck Guys, may the best man win!

I think I'll have to skip Florida this year, maybe next year will work out. Just too much going on around the holidays this year. Hope you all have a great time! I'm sure you will.

Dan

Thanks Dan,

Regardless of where you finish, you without a doubt have one of the most beautiful sets of Roosies out there. I know I will probably finish 2nd but am very happy with the set I have built. There will be several changes in my set after the first of the year with crossovers (47S, 51D & 64D) coming. I will have a 100% NGC set, with "hopefully" 100% stars by the end of 2011.

I felt the same way about making the FUN a month ago and finally came to the conclusion that I can take 3-days off from work and the AF will survive without me.

Please reconsider, it would be great to meet you and see some of your coins in person. You can also feel free to bring a container of your famous cookie dough as well...I could live on that stuff ;)

Brian

Brian can have the award, I am not spending 6700.00 on the 68*FT on ebay.My shrink,said I was crazy,not stupid..Next year will bring a whole new time to upgrade..Now if I had Nicks kind of money that he throws around,It would be no problem. Brian would buy it if he had to, not me

Brian can have the award, I am not spending 6700.00 on the 68*FT on ebay.My shrink,said I was crazy,not stupid..Next year will bring a whole new time to upgrade..Now if I had Nicks kind of money that he throws around,It would be no problem. Brian would buy it if he had to, not me

Paul,

If I wanted that 57D I would have bought it off of Bowers. My 57D is FT according to a couple of guys that have looked at it so it's just a matter of time before NGC puts it in the appropriate holder...I hope. I think you are under the impression that I am only worried about the award...that is not the case. What I set out to do from the get go was build the prettiest set of roosies I could and rising to the top of the registry is only a bonus.

Once again, you know I have some coins you could use. All you have to do is make an offer like I did to you earlier today.

Good Luck.

Brian

I just wanted to say how much I admire the utter PASSION of you Roosie guys; it is incomparable and I had never realized that it existed, to this extent, until I read and had been following this thread!

I also wanted to wish you all the best of luck and ALL of you deserve ALOT of credit and are winners in my book! :applause:

Hello from Germany Fellas,

Sorry you won't be able to make it to Tampa Dan...maybe next year. Is the FUN in Orlando just as good as the Tampa show normally is? Waiting to see if anyone adds any last minute coins to their set. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Brian

Congratulations to the number 1 Roosevelt Dime sets

Dan #1 1946 - Date

Brian #1 1946 - 1964 Silver Set

Jason #1 1965 - Date Clad Set

You guys deserve it for all of your hard work and dedication!! (worship)

Thanks guys! This was a fun year for me. Dan bringing his sets over was great for the competition. Congratulations to both Brian and Dan on their wins!

Same to all you guys. Nick said there was a lot more activity on this side of the street. What an understatement that was. I'm having a blast and we are all building some very special sets. I hope this goes on for many years. Maybe I will make it to Florida next year. You guys all have a great time, and say a toast for me!

Dan

I have been offered a once in a lifetime opportunity and i dont really know if I will be in the roosevelt series next year. Its is great and fun battles in this registery. If I ever descide to sell, I would sel my whole collection together,nothing will be broken up. I am not sure of this descision yet. I would keep a few low grade extra coins just just to keep my name in here.

So if I'm reading into this correctly, if someone were to make you a good enough offer, you would sell. I can't speak for anybody else, and although I don't have my set on the market, if the right offer came along, it's always for sell. It would take a awfully good offer as I love my Roosie set, but I'm not married to it. I'm wondering if any of you other guys feel the same?

And by way Paul, if it's the opportunity of a lifetime, take it! Coins can be found again, but opportunities like that only come once. Good Luck! Hope it works out for you.

Dan