• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade/AT?

14 posts in this topic

OK, I'll go first.

MS62 or so with fantastic head details. Full fingers on the left hand. Great shield.

NT.

Next... :whistle:

"Next" is the obvious wear that you missed on Liberty's thighs. There is no way that coin should grade MS60 or higher.

Any other opinions?

Yes, in addition to what you already saw me post on the other forum, don't buy uncertified coins of value unless you are a really good grader and have a full return privilege. ;)

Yes, in addition to what you already saw me post on the other forum, don't buy uncertified coins of value unless you are a really good grader and have a full return privilege. ;)

I couldn't agree with you more Mark... :)

The coin appears to be a nice AU that should grade either AU-50 or 55 depending upon the luster. There is obvious wear on Ms. Liberty's thighs and bustline.

The piece was probably cleaned years ago, but it has re-toned nicely and should grade. Purists won't like it, but given that it's an AU, most collectors wouldn't have a problem with the fact that it's not strictly original.