• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking For A Cover Art Designer

11 posts in this topic

Looking for a designer to help with the front and back cover for my book project. Not a rich person but will try and work something out with the right person. Maybe or coin or something. Name will be noted in my book so you'll be famous for that. :) Don't need anything fancy. I'm self-publishing using Lulu and will be trying to keep costs at a minimum to keep book cost down. TIA!

Can you give any sort of details on what you're looking for? Like, an abstract of colors and shapes draws a very different skill set from illustration of a person from a photo of a forest.

Can you give any sort of details on what you're looking for? Like, an abstract of colors and shapes draws a very different skill set from illustration of a person from a photo of a forest.

This is the look I'm after:

Poster_CommemSetFront.jpg

Poster_CommemSetBack.jpg

This would be split as front and back covers. I want to use images of the coins in the book as front and back art.

Thanks for the question Astrostu. (thumbs u

I don't know how you intend to place all those commems on a front and back cover, but my initial impression is that it would look like a coin quilt and I don't know how effective a cover that might be visually.

I like the idea, Lee, but I agree with Tom. Choose 8 or 10 of your favorites and put them on the cover - far less cluttered, and you'll be able to see the coins in enough detail to appreciate them.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I can recommend Mary Jo Meade. She did the graphics for my Mint history book and my coin board book.

PM me if you want her contact info.

Lee, I want to purchase a copy once it's published! Circulated commems are the only thing I actively collect now. I still need the 2010 modern commemorative silver dollars to update my collection.

Cool project! I'm looking forward to the completed work.

I sincerely appreciate the help and comments. My goal for this is to be an asset to collectors and hope to bring some new blood into this series. Please keep the thoughts and comments coming. :)