• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I sold gold to Heritage & am pleased with the transaction: kudos to Jim Jelinski

7 posts in this topic

I like to post a rant now and then, as much as anyone else does, but it's always nice to be able to post about a positive experience with a coin dealer.

As some of you know, I had to liquidate a lot of coins over the past year - something I've only ever done once before. Most of what I sold went to collectors, very little to dealers. One of my local coin buddies, being short of cash, traded me six minor gold coins for some of my type pieces, and I decided to take a chance and hold the gold for a few months. Sure enough, gold moved upward :) . So for no particular reason, I decided it was time to unload them.

Long story short: I contacted Jim Jelinski at Heritage about selling. Jim had me ship the coins on Thursday, and I received a quick offer today (Tuesday) which I believe to have been fair and equitable. I accepted, and Jim said a check is on the way. From my brief amount of research, I think their offer was at minimum, very competitive with other offers, and it has been a very speedy transaction. Therefore, I'd recommend Heritage as a potential selling avenue for bullion pieces.

I have no affiliation or interest with Heritage whatsoever, and just thought I'd pass this along. Now, :grin: I'll have a little money to buy some coins with!

I always went the long way with Heritage and it took 7-8 weeks after the auction to get paid. I always thought that this was a slow settle compared to most dealers.

I always went the long way with Heritage and it took 7-8 weeks after the auction to get paid. I always thought that this was a slow settle compared to most dealers.
Heritage has settlement 45 days after the end of an auction. To my knowledge, that is what most other auction houses offer.

But that has nothing to do with payment terms for an outright sale ;)

I have sold to direct Heritage at shows. I will usually bring in 10 or so pieces when it is time to rebalance the collection, they make offers on each, and typically, I will take about half of their offers. I have had more luck with them than many other dealers at shows for getting what I deem to be a fair price. But it varies series to series and what I think I would get if I auction instead. But they hand me a check on the spot and I can turn it around at shows immediately if I see something I want, and that makes direct sale with them very reasonable.