• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess The Grade - 1935 Peace Dollar

48 posts in this topic

My gut feeling tells me it's AU. Exact grade? AU55.

Oh boy... not you again.

He says that he is trying to change his ways. Give him a chance. If he fails to live up to it, it's on his shoulders but you don't have to push him off the bridge.

Chris

Oh boy... not you again.

He says that he is trying to change his ways. Give him a chance. If he fails to live up to it, it's on his shoulders but you don't have to push him off the bridge.

Chris

Ok.... dad.

Oh boy... not you again.

Chris

Ok.... dad.

more like grandpa lol

Oh boy... not you again.

Chris

Ok.... dad.

more like grandpa lol

These young whippersnappers today!

Christopher Columbus

Oh boy... not you again.

Chris

Ok.... dad.

more like grandpa lol

These young whippersnappers today!

Christopher Columbus

Better you than me! lol

Coin is in 'Quality Control' now. Shouldn't be more than a day or two before grade posts online. Crossing my fingers :)

Is this coin still in QC?

OK, someone explain to me how this is not at least a 63+?

What is the limiting factor?

OK, someone explain to me how we are supposed to answer that, based on images? Especially images that small and of such poor quality?

OK, someone explain to me how we are supposed to answer that, based on images? Especially images that small and of such poor quality?

Thanks Mark. You made your point.

Now please refrain from disrespecting me in my own thread when I have done nothing to disrespect you. No need to mock me.

Maybe the small pictures are the only way he can try to convince us the coin is better than a MS 63 . :grin:

Jersey if you think this coin is under graded then find a CAC authorized dealer and have them submit the coin to CAC. If it comes back with a gold sticker then you have at least an MS 64 coin. If you get a green sticker then the coin is a solid MS 63. If you do not get a sticker then the coin is low end MS63 or overgraded.

Thanks Mark. You made your point.

Now please refrain from disrespecting me in my own thread when I have done nothing to disrespect you. No need to mock me.

My question was a serious one, and I mocked you, no more than you mocked NGC.

You sound as if you are convinced that the coin is under-graded and asked what the limiting factor(s) is/are. But your images don't allow for even a decent look at the coin, for purposes of being able to provide an answer. If you believe otherwise, I don't think you have a realistic concept of grading. Grading, based even on good images, if often a krap-shoot. Grading, based on images like those, is pointless. I mean that seriously and with no disrespect.

1935 was the last year of regular issue Peace dollars. Logic would say it was probably hoarded, so it would take a really nice example with booming luster, to receive a higher grade Jersey. :baiting:

(not saying my coin would grade higher just saying)

set035-1.jpg

Jersey,

Not for nothing, but you received some sound advice from many about this coin.

Your first set of photos, in your OP, were fuzzy to say the least, but even still, you take a risk on re-submitting coins because you feel it's undergraded.

As you can see, NGC left the grade as is, you spent $50 for the re-submit, as well as shipping, and you're left with the same grade, and ultimately, the same value.

Your second set of photos are much clearer; however, quite small, and not any better for people to give their guess on the coin than the first set of pics.

Hopefully this is a lesson learned.