• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Classic Commem Images Needed

21 posts in this topic

for my book project. Collector based book so I want collectors coins to head each chapter. If you would like your coin to headline a chapter in my book, please send an image via pm or email, leeg1957@yahoo.com. I need all the gold issues for sure. The images in the book will be in color, if available, and I do have a requirement for some uniformity in presentation, i.e., Mark Goodman, Mike Printz, etc., in terms of image quality. Must be a toner as I'm a fan of original toning. :)

Image examples:

1893isacomp.jpg

printzhugoOA.jpg

TIA

So your book will be filled with tarnished coins that need a good dipping? :devil:

Sadly my image quality is not up to standards. I should really step up to the plate and send some off for new pics. But here is a gem Conn that was imaged by a third party that needs a dipping. You are welcome to use it.

1935%20CONNECTICUT%20OBV%20&%20REV%20LG.jpg

Lee, I happen to be a fan of colorful toning myself ;) , as is my client, who is the owner of this collection . Would you like me to check with him about your using some of the images"?
Geez Mark, just when I thought I had some decent commems you have to go and do that. ;) Wow!, that is an incredible set. Congrats to both you and the owner. :golfclap:

Lee, you are to be commended for all the hard work involved with writing/creating a book. :applause: Best of luck with completing it in the manner you want it to look.

Well, clearly, if Mark can get images from the SD collection, I think that should take care of essentially all your imagery needs.

If not, here's one. It (PCGS MS65) isn't as clean as the one in the SD set (MS67), but personally I prefer the toning. Images by Bob Campbell.

Monroe.jpg

MonroeRev2.jpg

Lee, I happen to be a fan of colorful toning myself ;) , as is my client, who is the owner of this collection . Would you like me to check with him about your using some of the images"?

I do recall a toner or two from you also. :) It would be super to have a coin or two, or three, or..... from that collection in my book. :)

John the Conn is very nice but the Pilgrim is the one I want more than the Conn in my book. ;)

My goal for coin images in the book is 50 coins from 50 different collectors! Probably not possible, but a goal it is. :) That doesn't include the gold issues, and still unsure about including the Norse. hm

John the Conn is very nice but the Pilgrim is the one I want more than the Conn in my book. ;)
Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. ;)

1920%20PILGRIM%20NOBV.jpg

1920%20PILGRIM%20NREV.jpg

That's the one. I'm still pissed about that coin. You only beat me to it by a couple of minutes. :frustrated:

I do recall a toner or two from you also. :) It would be super to have a coin or two, or three, or..... from that collection in my book. :)

Hi Lee, my client is OK with your using any of the images that you wish. If you do so, please just give credit to "The San Diego Collection".

I wish some of you folks could see these coins in person - the collection will significantly change the perspective of most viewers.

I have yet to send my colorful Antietam to Todd for imaging, but would love to include it in your book if you deem it worthy for inclusion. I posted about it in a Tangents thread, but the pics were from an auction house and really don't do the coin justice.

Here is my PCGS MS65 Lafayette Dollar which was photographed by Mark Goodman for the boys at CRO and was part of the Maddy Rae Collection.

lafayette.jpg

BTW, it is a DuVall 3-D.

Take a look through my set ATS and let me know if there's anything you're interested in using. Not much in terms of colorful toners as I prefer my coins to be of modest color, but they also aren't all "dippers," either.