• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1893 columbian half comm. need opinions on which coin to purchase

25 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am looking to purchase a 1893 columbian Comm. half. Please look at the pics and give me your opinion on which coin looks the best to purchase. Thank you all for your time and help! Sincerely, Dan

102200.jpg.a789d67174879f9162f5c52e1bd24340.jpg

102201.jpg.e36ed22aa92a360186fe4e16eedde9d8.jpg

102202.jpg.311c387018e6d43be4e70e1bdf0ca436.jpg

102203.jpg.a91f575ad569a2418acf8a6a2b53a5e0.jpg

102204.jpg.6eac19708ca60b40e91b61ca6e647969.jpg

Truly, I would advise you to pass on these three. The first coin has a fingerprint on the obverse, the second has a lifeless obverse and the third appears rather slate grey. These can be found nicer with some patience.

agreed with the above posters

a common coin like this is always available so why buy something that is below average in eye appeal?? or even average in eye appeal?

when for a little more looking you can find a MUCH better coin

pick something that is outstanding for the overall look, grade and MOST IMPORTANTLY EYE APPEAL

i also like james suggestion

good luck and welcome to the boards!!

will do! i'm up for the challenge! when i finally one with good eye appeal i will post it and see what everyone says. thanks, Sincerely, Dan

I like either of the last two you posted. The PL looks to be very nice, with a good bit of cameo on the devices. The second one (the MS-65) looks to be quite attractive. If you can get either of those for a fair price, I would take them.

the others are not too good

this one seems REALLY NICE!!!! above average eye appeal great lustre and surfaces buy this one!!!!!!

its worth

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

retail $400-425 or thereabouts

my pricing is based on current auction sales including the juice with some added umph for the eye appeal of this particular coin serial number as below

serial number 13991959

Here is a nice MS63PL, for an example, coin on ebay. You decide but I think PL is the way to go for this coin. Good luck and hang in there you will find the one that grabs you.

Jim

Ebay

OOPS! I see you already found it--Jim

I like the 1893 in PCGS MS65 the best and I think it's going to be a little more colorful in hand. That's the coin I would buy based on what you have posted so far but there are a lot of attractive pieces on the market so getting a good look at a lot of coins is alwats wise. (thumbs u

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU AND I'M PURCHASING THIS COIN! THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO GIVE ME YOUR ADVICE AND OPINION. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT! SINCERELY, DAN

Dang, I like that NGC MS-63 PL, and in a no-line holder to boot!

That PCGS MS-65 looks above average as well.

For me, the appeal of a PL Columbian half is irresistible.