• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Early cents

10 posts in this topic

FR-02+ (harshly nicked up, probably really flat? maybe an AG-03 in hand)

AG-03 (limited by the lack of obverse detail, the reverse is a solid G-04)

The 1795 has Fine sharpness but is pitted. I'd say it's worth G-VG money. All of the devices with detail in the hair.

I know this grade is way higher than the previous post, you need to realize just how low the relief is on these coins. This 1795 is a well used coin with environmental problems which is still fairly sharp. This coin is really pretty decent.

Here is a coin on the other end of the spectrum. This is an MS-62, and it is a real Mint State coin. Look at how low the relief is on the reverse lettering without a protective rim. It's no wonder that so many of these coins have incomplete devices.

1795centO2.jpg1795centR2.jpg

The 1794 has more problems, but it's got a full date and much of the reverse is readable. For than reason I would grade this piece Good-4 sharpness, AG-03 net grade because of environmental issues.

Got outbid on the 94 did over the £160 .. way out of my price range .. who bid ?

then for 160 british pounds someone got a really GREAT deal ON THAT 1794

was worth MORE than 160 pounds

good luck and keep us informed on here

all the greatest early 18th century regular coins struck at the early philly mint were found in england and brought back to the usa in the 1950's-1980's as they were finally appreciated and valued for waht they truly were

as some english gentlemen re. lord st. oswald etc. et.el. visited the mint in the 1790's and bought back some amazing rarities that were'nt as such at the time but around 190+ years later they were

and now worth millions