• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the Grade: 1910 $2.5 Quarter Eagle

18 posts in this topic

The sharpness grade is EF-40, but the coin appears to have a lot of lines that could be from an old cleaning. The coin might not get a full NGC grade. I'd say EF down grade to VF for cleaning.

Sorry.

Probably Au 50 at best Au 55 - based only on details . Maybe it is your photo but it sure does look like it has a lot of hairlines. I have taken photos of these coins raw and I know that depending on lighting it can look like the coin is full of hairlines and marks when it is not. This is due to excess lighting.

These coins are difficult enough to grade in hand , never mind trying to do it from a photo.

I attached a picture of a Raw 1910 Quarter Eagle I had graded recently by PCGS that came back Au 55 .

93371.jpg.7633baa20fe1211c58e52e02e4ba907d.jpg

93372.jpg.a7b54389ff848d3725d0b712ddc9657c.jpg

Well the coins are still sitting in quality control today!! :sorry:

18 business days at NGC so far.....received 1/14

Hopefully I will be able to post the grade tomorrow!!

I am not that surprised with the grade. I had a feeling your photo made the coin look like it was a lesser grade then it turned out to be .

Those little buggers are very hard to photo!! :D