• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Winged Liberty set in the Building, and one for the Ages.....

18 posts in this topic

Hello again Cats.....

I started a new project around 5 months ago, and I'm really having tons of fun...

You see, as a young girl, I really loved Winged Libertys..... My Papa would buy them for me... I remember always wanting the shinest ones.... Some went into a album, but most stayed in those staple holder thingies...

I bought this over 5 months ago, this National Coin Album:

album.jpg

I have been putting high end Winged Liberty Jewels in it.... Most coins I've bought raw, a few slabb'd then cracked to go into this Album.... I want atleast ms65 coins, and mostly ms66 & ms67 FSB coins... Here is a sample of the quality that is going into this Album, a shot MS67FSB 41s:

wing41s-1.jpg

This 41s is a knockout!!!! Super strike with tons of Luster!!! I am hoping to get some rainbow colors from this long term project, I will start with brilliant blazers and let them sit for years in this Album... A few have started showing signs of rainbows, lookie at this one starting on the rim:

wing.jpg

I am very excited about this, and I find myself feeling some feelings I forgot about, the excitement of bringing a shiny coin home and putting it into a Album....

This is alot of fun for me...... Yeah, coin collecting is fun AGAIN!

This is going to be my best known set, one that I dreamed of as a young child, A Winged Liberty set for the ages!

Be Bop A Lula!!!!

album2.jpg

More Winged Liberty JEWELS for me!

Lucy, just as pretty here as it was across the street! If it were mine, I'd be boasting and proud of acquiring just as much as you are! news.gif

Can't remember you getting this worked up over a coin! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Georgous Liberty!

David

I'm thrilled to see a veteran collector such as yourself really 'excited' about coins again. Mercs' have always been my favorite too because as a child my grandfather would show them to me and occasionally give me one. I too am working on assembling the most beautiful Merc collection. I wish you the best of luck. The earlier dates, as you know, can be pricy to say the least. My initial goal is to assemble a complete set in 66FB, but I may have to compromise a bit on some dates due to cost. A little advise...buy the proof coins as soon as you see the right look as they are really underpriced and I believe are sure to advance in the near future. Happy hunting (or toning)!

Hey Daddy-o!!!! I read the thread on National albums and yours and others opinions on what these can produce..

I am having nice results in a short period of time..... as seen by this 41d:

41dd-2.jpg

41dd-3.jpg

41dd-4.jpg

This next shot is a dead on shot of the bands on this high end GEM.

41dd-5.jpg

Nice strike, wouldn't you say?

Hoot: You are obviously too young to remember rocker Gene Vincent (then later: John Lennon) or you would know the song that these lyrics came from ("Be bob a lula, be my baby", etc.)

Hoot: You are obviously too young to remember rocker Gene Vincent (then later: John Lennon) or you would know the song that these lyrics came from ("Be bob a lula, be my baby", etc.)

Oh heck, I know the song and the lyrics, just never made any sense! insane.gif Then again, more and more, less and less makes any sense... confused.gif

Hoot

I am having nice results in a short period of time..... as seen by this 41d:

Lucy

When do you plan on pulling the coins before just the right amount of toning becomes too much toning? Or is there such a thing?

Leo

When do you plan on pulling the coins before just the right amount of toning becomes too much toning? Or is there such a thing?

Leo

I don't know...... Some may tone ugly, so barely, some beautifully...

I guess if I see some very pretty ones, the coin may come out...

I really don't know.....

Maybe I never touch them again.......